Find
Notify
Tools

Military Discount Resources
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
This is for retired military and active duty, in some cases it is also for disabled veterans.

Euro Optics has a variety of discounts depending on the product, you must submit a retired DD214 or a copy of your active duty ID card.

Cabelas 5-10%

Bass Pro 5-10%

Home Depot, Lowes, both are 5%

Kuiu 10%

www.expertcity.com tons of companies Vortex, Zeiss, Bushnell, First Lite, Eberlestock, and tons of non hunting stuff, fishing stuff and a wide variety of camping gear. Mostly wholesale pricing.

Please post any other links you have found.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cabela`s and Bass Pro offer no discount on any big ticket items and not much else.
https://www.cabelas.com/custse...itaryDiscountProgram

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shooters Pro shop offers an honest %10 discount for Military and Vets.
http://guardianofvalor.com/sho...ans-through-sheerid/

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had thought I had gotten 5% on firearms before at Cabelas.

Maybe they changed their policy.

I joined some Gov X thing, and it was BS. No real discount.

Expertcity is the best.

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Before Bass Pro bought out Cabelas they gave 5% on everything.I guess the Bass Pro bean counters stopped that.

One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted Hide Post
Use military discounts when I can,

Bass Pro/Cabela's -no discounts on sale items or anything guns or reloading related any longer. Cabelas used to discount everything by 5% for military/first responders, but now that Bass Pro owns them, no longer. Cancelled my Cabelas' VISA card in protest, never had a Bass Pro credit card for same reason.

Home Depot and Lowe's both do 10%, but Home Depot cuts you off once you get to $500.00 worth of merchandise, Lowe's just keep on going. With Lowe's now you have to sign up for an account and then for the military discount you give them your phone number for the mil discount. They apparently had to many folks trying to scam them with showing various "military type ID cards" for the discounts. Also at HD and Lowe's, your spouses get the discount too by showing dependent ID card or giving phone number as appropriate.

I always politely ask any business I'm dealing with and a lot who don't advertise will give me a military discount and others say no to discount requests. Never hurts to ask as you never know, just be polite about it and accept the no if that's their answer.

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitro Express
posted Hide Post
Not hunting/shooting related but a good place to get a week's vacation dirt cheap is Armed Forces Vacation Club. www.afvclub.com

These are time shares that have vacancies. No requirement to listen to a sales pitch; in fact, many of the resorts are sold out.

I always ask if a military discount is available--everywhere. Even fast food (don't really go much) or any store or service. It's surprising how many places do give military discounts.

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1551 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At my small gun store, Kimo Vista Solutions, in Farmington,NM we always give discounts. All service members, leos, and first responders, active or retired, we never charge tax. Here that's about 7.625%.

Posts: 2173 | Location: NORTHWEST NEW MEXICO, USA | Registered: 05 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted Hide Post
This is a few years old but I found this on another forum

MItaly discounts

There are also some good hunting opportunities offered com different states. I have more than a 40% VA disability and was approved to buy reduced price licenses and tags from Idaho.

Tyler

Posts: 345 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nitro Express:
Not hunting/shooting related but a good place to get a week's vacation dirt cheap is Armed Forces Vacation Club. www.afvclub.com

These are time shares that have vacancies. No requirement to listen to a sales pitch; in fact, many of the resorts are sold out.

I always ask if a military discount is available--everywhere. Even fast food (don't really go much) or any store or service. It's surprising how many places do give military discounts.

I have used that www.afvclub.com regularly for family trips that don't include guns.

We stayed in 3 of them so far. Everyone was nice, and they were $350 for 7 days. Hard to beat that anywhere. A lot of really clean three star lodging out there is a hell of a lot more expensive.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cabela's normally gives a 5% discount on everything but sale price items. Not sure about boats, ATVs, and things of that nature.

Bass Pro Shop only gives their military discount towards the end of the month on a specified range of dates (don't remember the exact dates).

Boot barn also gives a military discount of 10% and The Home Depot gives a 5% discount on most items.

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
boot barn I didn't know about that one. Thank you!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
FishUSA has 10% all the time. Its fishing, not hunting, I know. For all veterans, not just lifers, active, or disabled. Or holiday only...

Posts: 289 | Location: Western UP of Michigan  | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
McMillan give a big discount to Military and retired vets. 20% IIRC.

Posts: 3701 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote