Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swede and black bear
 Login/Join

posted
Would you think, that 6,5 x 55 Swede i too small for balck bear?
Greatings.....S�ren

one of us
posted Hide Post
It is quite sufficient for this, and larger game.

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
I think it should work. I might take my 6.5mm out this spring for bear. I hopefully will be shooting the 140 gr. Barnes XLC.

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 6.5x55 will work well on black bear using a good 140 or a 160. The black bear in this area , Pennsylvania and New York , will have maximum weight of 700 lbs.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
The 6.5x55 is perfect for this purpose. And, you don't need a premium bullet to exact its potential as the long, slender 140 grain bullets penetrate extremely well when launched at moderate velocity from the Swede.

Posts: 9406 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Norwegian sea farers used to shoot polar bear with the 6.5X55, but I think they used 156-160 grain bullets for this shooting. But even a 125 Nosler would do for blackies.

posted Hide Post
Thank you for your answers. I'll feel more safe now, when I go for US to shoot a black bear.

Greetings...........S�ren
http://www.webbyen.dk/vishjemmeside_privat.asp?mode=top_frame&id=94120&side=&webside=1154007