New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Liteweight rilfe
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Redneck7mm; I believe Kimber is coming out with a lightweight rifle in 270 WSM pretty quickly, or maybe it's already out; supposed to weigh around 6#.

I don't own a Kimber (yet), but they're supposed to be nice
good luck,
Craig

Posts: 403 | Location: South of Alamo, Ca. | Registered: 30 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My thoughts are this-get yourself a Tikka T3 in a 7 Rem and be done with it. With a scope/rings it will weigh about 7 pounds 4 ounces. It is to me the best rifle bar none on the market right now. I have sold about 30 of them and just get people coming back to me and gloating and bragging about the rifle. I have never heard so many good things about a rifle. All that buy one are tickled with it!

The money is right (out here $479 for a magnum with the rings), and the weight is right. And the accuracy is well, IMO aside from a Savage there is not a gun that will consistently day in and day out and every rifle taken out of the box shoot with one. The only other true out of the box accuracy player out there IMO is the old 788.

The T3 does come in WSM,but I can't for the life of me imagine why anyone wold get one when the old standard rounds are available at the same weight of rifle!

Just my thoughts.....

"GET TO THE HILL"

Dogz

Posts: 879 | Location: Bozeman,Montana USA | Registered: 31 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

My thoughts are this-

The T3 does come in WSM,but I can't for the life of me imagine why anyone wold get one when the old standard rounds are available at the same weight of rifle!

Just my thoughts.....

"GET TO THE HILL"

From what I read and see the WSM's are more accurate than the belted magnums in across the counter guns. Perhaps it's the positive headspacing and the fact that they are easier to handload for the same reason.

Then there is the marketing that says they kick less.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote