THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    "Living with Tigers" to air again ....

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Living with Tigers" to air again ....
 Login/Join

posted
Sunday, October 12 @ 5p.m. ET/PT
Parts One and Two - Discovery Channel.
I promise, you will be fascinated.

"Born in a Cincinnati zoo, two Bengal tiger cubs - Ron and Julie - have spent the last three years being taught how to hunt and live in the wild of South Africa by human teachers John Varty - veteran naturalist and cameraman - and young Canadian zoologist and cat-handler Dave Salmoni. If they can be successfully integrated into the wild, they could become the forerunners of an audacious plan to help save the world's population of wild tigers".

"Follow the journey from cuddly cub to professional assassin - all captured on film and video - as the youngsters' feral instincts slowly emerge in the African wilderness. Instinctively, all cats will stalk. However, it is the killing technique that must be learned by watching their mothers. Without their parent's guiding example, the cubs clumsily cut their teeth on large antelope - often holding on for dear life".

"More fascinating than gruesome, the drama of life and death unfolds in amazing detail. A handheld camera hovers inches from Julie's jaws as she prowls, while a clever, head-mounted surveillance camera captures Ron's point of view as he closes in for the kill - the very first POV images ever recorded from a large predator while hunting. It is a documentary unlike any other - an intimate, step-by-step look at the transition of two zoo-born tigers into the wild as they struggle to become independent and self-sufficient, while serving as pioneers for captive tigers everywhere".

[ 10-12-2003, 11:19: Message edited by: Nickudu ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads-up, Nick. I be a tiger lovin' dude!
P45

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder how they are going to keep those tigers out of the neighbors cattle herd? I would imagine that just one time would be enough for the "friendly" neighbors to become very unfriendly after they found one carcus in the field. When that one tiger swam across the lake to get at that first cow I thought the experiment was all over with. I also wonder how much money and time will be spent on bringing live animals into the compound so the tigers can make their own kill. Also, if their breeding program is successful, how many more animals will have to be bought in order to keep all of the tigers fed? They did say that they hope that they get tourists to come in, that will bring in some money, but feeding a bunch of tigers can't be very cheap in the long run. I do hope that they are sucessful in their endovour though.

Posts: 428 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote