THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    bolt action question for kutenay and others

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

bolt action question for kutenay and others
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have some money to spend on a rifle or action, sold a pair of zeiss binoculars I was'nt using. Kutenay I have read some of your previous postings on rifle reliability and even though this won't be for dangerous game my feeling is it makes sense to choose the best design. The options are:
(1)Ruger 77 in 350 Rem Mag
(2)CZ in 9.3X62, Iknow this is a classic round but I do rather like the 350
(3)Montana action and build up possibly a 375 RUM
In a way the cartridge is less important than the action and its features.
Mark

Posts: 277 | Location: melbourne, australia | Registered: 19 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
in opinion, your choices should be -

MRC
CZ
ruger

in that order.....

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tasunkowitka. Any other opinions out there.
Mark

Posts: 277 | Location: melbourne, australia | Registered: 19 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hauptjager
posted Hide Post
If money is not a worry, than the Montana action and a good barrel some nice wood� then you have �your� custom gun. If you want to be a little more low cost, or just can�t wait for a gun to be built. Then go for the CZ you get a great gun at a very good price. I love the FS in the 9.3x62 very good shooting!

The 9.3x62 is a great caliber, which will do almost anything one would want for a non DGR. Would make a fine DGR as well if you wanted flexibility IMHO it the round to go for.

Posts: 153 | Location: Hilo, Hawaii | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote