Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oregon draw results are out
 Login/Join

posted
Oregon draw results are out. I drew both Heppner Unit Cow Elk and Buck Mule Deer and a Mckenzie Antlerless Deer. I was unsuccessful for Antelope I thought this might be the year for Antelope since I have 6 preferece points but maybe next year. Here is the link if you want to check your results online.

Controlled Hunt Draw Results

Posts: 4 | Location: Salem, Oregon, USA | Registered: 28 April 2003Reply With Quote
<JiB>
posted
I drew a Steens antelope tag [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] , took 9 points and and Upper D buck tag.
John

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Buck Deer: DENIED!
Antelope: DENIED!
Antlerless Deer: DENIED!
Big Horn Sheep: DENIED!

Oh well, going bear hunting in Idaho in August and Antelope in New Mex. in September.

-Steve

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve:

YOu sound like the average Oregon hunter.

Send Fish and Game money to put into a draw so they can process your denial slips.

That is what happens when the state hired too many guys for the Lottery Commission.
The rest of the hunters in the state fund the committee that issues draw tags to the governors friends and supporters, then a few left over tags are given out in crappy units no one else wanted anyway.

Yeah, We need game management! While they let cougars destroy the deer and elk herds and call that game management ( more like satisfying all of out of state anti hunting people who contribute to these guys election campaigns every year!)

Screw Fish and Game, even if I did draw a closed hunt tag!!

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And I just found out I was successful for Elk and Antelope! However it is still unfair to the other hunters, as the lottery is politically motivated and proves it depends on who you know.
[Mad]

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

I just bought point savers this year as I am going to be in South Africa for six months and that will cover hunting season for me. My dad drew his Upper Deschutes buck tag, but nothing else. Next year maybe we'll get our pronghorn tags...

Joel Slate
Slate & Associates, LLC
www.slatesafaris.com

7mm Rem Mag Page www.slatesafaris.com/7mm.htm

Posts: 643 | Location: DeRidder, Louisiana USA | Registered: 12 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DennisHP
posted Hide Post
My brother and I finally drew our Starkey Unit elk tags! It took 5 points. We weren't lucky on anything else.

Posts: 3931 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Successful for buck deer-ochoco unit
" " elk grizzly unit [Razz]

I am not happy with draw system either,much prefer general tag system like on the oregon coast...used to hunt Wilson unit for elk & deer.
Lived over in central oregon now for ten years and this was my first successful draw for elk.
45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I put in for point savers for elk and antelope, put in for alsea doe tag and willamette additional deer... drew the willamette. Bout what i expected, i have five elk points now, and six antelope, planning on going on some quality hunts year after next when i graduate [Smile]

Posts: 107 | Location: Tigard, Oregon USA | Registered: 02 May 2001Reply With Quote