New
Find
Notify
Tools

OHIO 320"whitetail
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone know the details on this Ohio 320" whitetail buck..MONSTER!!

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
320" ??? I think not. Did you mean 230" instead? A monster for sure tho....

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, great mass.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A real monster!!

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
320"? No way.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crossbow. Great deer though.

"Shoot hard, boys."

Posts: 115 | Location: Duluth, MN | Registered: 17 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.boone-crockett.org/...17-9A0E-7A43AF8D9203

Here ya' go Norton,scroll down and look for ohio brute about 6 up from the bottom of the line... hilbily

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blackbearhunter:

Here ya' go Norton,scroll down and look for ohio brute about 6 up from the bottom of the line... hilbily

I stand corrected.....today is a good day, I learned something.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crossbow! Another "primitive" hunter.
Nice buck though.

'I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens"!

Curly Howard
Definitive Stooge

Posts: 350 | Location: Cascade, Montana | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
Crossbows are legal in Ohio during the full bow season. The bow season is very long running and is in season during the rut. My guess is this guy was arrowed from a treestand during the rut. Probably the only time you could ever get a shot at him. They do not grow that big by being stupid here.

Posts: 5713 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:

Here ya' go Norton,scroll down and look for ohio brute about 6 up from the bottom of the line...

The "reported" or "unofficial" score on that part of the B&C website are b.s., they go off of what the "hunter" reports the score to be, just look at some of the other "reported" scores (there are many mule deer that are grossly over "reported"). Give that deer 25" main beams, 6" bases carrying a minimum of 5" on the rest, 26" spread (and I think all of these numbers are probably liberal) and that deer comes in close to 220". Even if he has a bunch of trash coming off the back that you can't see, it isn't going to come close to another 100" of bone. Stand your ground Norton, you called this one right. Still a monster whitetail, I think it speaks volumes of what whitetail hunting has become that 220" of antler doesn't sound big enough, they stretch it to 320", thats a big 6x6 elk man. A 200" whitetail is a MONSTER. One of my hunters last month bagged a 330" (actual measurement) bull (see below) and your telling me it only has 10 more inches of horn than that Whitetail?

One of Us
Picture of 31/2Makesmelaugh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
quote:

Here ya' go Norton,scroll down and look for ohio brute about 6 up from the bottom of the line...

The "reported" or "unofficial" score on that part of the B&C website are b.s., they go off of what the "hunter" reports the score to be, just look at some of the other "reported" scores (there are many mule deer that are grossly over "reported"). Give that deer 25" main beams, 6" bases carrying a minimum of 5" on the rest, 26" spread (and I think all of these numbers are probably liberal) and that deer comes in close to 220". Even if he has a bunch of trash coming off the back that you can't see, it isn't going to come close to another 100" of bone. Stand your ground Norton, you called this one right. Still a monster whitetail, I think it speaks volumes of what whitetail hunting has become that 220" of antler doesn't sound big enough, they stretch it to 320", thats a big 6x6 elk man. A 200" whitetail is a MONSTER. One of my hunters last month bagged a 330" (actual measurement) bull (see below) and your telling me it only has 10 more inches of horn than that Whitetail?

...and bingo was his name-o...good buck but 320"? That seems a bit liberal indeed!

"Archery enshrines the principles of human relationships. The Archer perfects his form within himself. If his form is perfect, yet when he releases he misses, there is no point in resenting those who have done better than him. The fault lies nowhere."(Confucious)

Posts: 115 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just shot a deer that scored 226 and change. In the picture, that buck looks bigger than mine.

Does it score 320? No idea. It is a big bastard regardless.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
I would say that buck probably scores between 250" and 300".....but it's hard to tell from just one picture. I'd like to see about 4 other angles. Could possibly score 320".....nevertheless, it's a HUGE deer.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Remember every deer killed on TV shows are 140/150 bucks but after measureing many deer I know better.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Well I've personally measured 2 bucks over 200", the biggest of which was 214" and this buck is a LOT bigger, so I don't necessarily doubt that it could score over 300". It's got incredible mass and great tine/beam length, as well as lots of points too. We'll see.....I'm sure B&C will keep a close eye on it.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3109 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote