THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Looking for a Fallow or sheep hunt in Texas.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a Fallow or sheep hunt in Texas.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
My neighbor is looking for a ranch to take his wife bow hunting for Fallow or maybe Sheep in the N- North western (if possible) area of Texas. He has fmaily in Amarillo and would like to drop his kids off. Wants to build her confidence before Elk next year.

Any experience or references would be appreciated. Just about every name I can give his is Austin and South and that had two days to his trip.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I believe Wendell Reich offers fallow and aoudad on his place just shy of the Panhandle.

Link

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
+1 on the above!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7694 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Thanks I had seen them before I couldn't for the life of me remember the name.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
If it helps, I have been to the ranch twice with my kids. It has been a few years though (2007).

My girls took some fallow does on another place more recently (2009), but it is not in the area in which you are interested.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
My girls took some fallow does on another place more recently (2009), but it is not in the area in which you are interested.

Charles I passed on several I had further south. If you have a good place let me know I'll pass it on as well.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Contact Jimmy Banks

jimmy@hibanksranch.com

The wife and I hunted with Jimmy a couple of weeks ago. He is a wonderful person to hunt with and has some great animals. I took a monster Fallow with my double rifle.

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:

Charles I passed on several I had further south. If you have a good place let me know I'll pass it on as well.

Here's the hunt report from when I took my girls. The link to the ranch website is there.

Here is a hunt report from Wendell's place too.

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I can recommend Wendell's ranch as well. Especially if she would like an Aoudad! He has some quality ones on that ranch.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also recommend Wendell's ranch. Great accommodations and plenty of game.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote