Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin Trigger
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of kk
posted
Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Let me know if I should move this someplace else.

I took my wife's 30-30 Marlin carbine out to the range yesterday to work out some reloads for it. However, I was amazed at how stiff the trigger is. It must be nearly a 10-pound pull.

I looked at the "manual," but found no information for adjusting the trigger.

Is there anyway a non-gunsmith can do this?

kk

Posts: 1224 | Location: Southern Ontario, Canada | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IF you don't get the answer here pop over to the Marlin Forum/NEF Forum I'm sure they can help

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
kk,
Wild West guns sells a trigger for Marlin lever guns that should solve your problem. Midway also sells these triggers for Wild West. Hope this helps. Bryan

Posts: 583 | Location: keene, ky | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of kk
posted Hide Post
Is there a URL or phone number for Wild West?

kk

Posts: 1224 | Location: Southern Ontario, Canada | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wild west guns.

I think Brownells sell these kits as well

Posts: 355 | Location: Anchorage, Alaska | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
kk,
If you are thinking about a new trigger, why not try your hand at stoning the old one? If you screw up, get a new trigger. If you are successful you'll save enough $ for a couple of days on the range.
You need a triangular needle file and a triangular trigger hone(these are made of washita stone and are lubricated with gun oil). Use one or two strokes of the file to remove any big burrs and then polish the surfaces of trigger and hammer, PRESERVING THE ORIGINAL ANGLES OF THESE SURFACES AND KEEPING THEN SQUARE.

Posts: 345 | Location: Dauphin Island, Alabama, USA | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote