Find
Notify
Tools

Wolves in Idaho
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted
Heidi Leavitt shot this wolf just outside their home down river at Spring Creek. Heidi was in the store and said that they have had a pack running around their place and decided when they heard about them coming their way again, they would try and shoot one (she did have a tag). So the next time came quickly and while waiting for the pack to get closer, they looked in the woods below them and there was this wolf.

He weighed 127 lbs and was a collared wolf and by the time they got it to Fish & Game (which is probably an 1.5 hr drive), Fish & Game already knew about the wolf and said they had been looking for him. He is now skinned and hanging at their place.
The wolf pack had been terrorizing campers lately. Had a couple of guys treed in the cab of their pickup all night at Colson Creek campground. Not afraid of human campsites at all.

http://f448.mail.yahoo.com/ya/...2&fid=Inbox&inline=1

http://f448.mail.yahoo.com/ya/...3&fid=Inbox&inline=1

http://f448.mail.yahoo.com/ya/...4&fid=Inbox&inline=1

http://f448.mail.yahoo.com/ya/...5&fid=Inbox&inline=1

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Having a little difficulty following your post there pard. I'm from Idaho too, and am more than a little curious about how "Heidi" could have a wolf tag today (Dec.11,2010). I stood in line to get wolf tag #409 the moment they went on sale in 2009 and would certainly like to be hunting them this year.

Unfortunately, Fed. Judge Malloy cancelled the 2010 season before it ever started. Since nobody in the entire state, including the Governor, has been able to legally kill a wolf since the season ended in 2009, how is it that "Heidi" has a tag to do so today?

Cpt. Jack

Posts: 83 | Location: Soda Springs, ID USA | Registered: 25 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
I wondered that myself.

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
popcorn

One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Jack:
Having a little difficulty following your post there pard. I'm from Idaho too, and am more than a little curious about how "Heidi" could have a wolf tag today (Dec.11,2010). I stood in line to get wolf tag #409 the moment they went on sale in 2009 and would certainly like to be hunting them this year.

Unfortunately, Fed. Judge Malloy cancelled the 2010 season before it ever started. Since nobody in the entire state, including the Governor, has been able to legally kill a wolf since the season ended in 2009, how is it that "Heidi" has a tag to do so today?

Pictures are from last year's wolf season.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TEANCUM:
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Jack:

Pictures are from last year's wolf season.

Nice save TEANCUM!

I'd love to help manage them as well!