Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Questions about ear protection
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of hm1996
posted
Hope my limited use/experience was of some help.

One incidental fact is that you shouldn't forget to turn them off, because if you remove them with both units turned on they emit a feedback squeal you can't hardly miss (even w/shooter's hearing). Doesn't prevent leaving one on, however.

Regards,
hm

Posts: 931 | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of moki
posted Hide Post
I have had a total hearing loss in my left ear since I was 4 years old, and now (45 years old) over the years of not always wearing hearing protection while hunting (shooting and I have also worked as a heavy duty mechanic for years) have caused me to have high tone hearing loss in my right ear.
I now use hearing protection at all times when I'm hunting or at least will not take a shot until I put protection on. During colder weather I always wear Peltor Tac 7 muff's and in warmer weather I keep molded ear plugs from Custom Protect Ear around my neck.

Posts: 451 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 20 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
I simply keep a pair of these around my neck, and most often have a chance to put them in before any shot.

The Sonic IIs aren't bad either. Good, simple, low-tech solutions, both.

RSY

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote