THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    caliber recomendations on giant night squirrels

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

caliber recomendations on giant night squirrels
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
You know... little cute squirrels come out during the day.. bushy tail... cute...

Then, at night, we get the giant night squirrel... some of ya'll might call em 'possums.!!

I recommend a #2 on those tough charging (when not faking to already be dead) rascles...

a number 2 COAL SHOVEL that is.

just a little humor
jeffe

Posts: 39708 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would say 36 grams of #2 Shot from a 12 Gauge [Big Grin]

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I lived on the farm, opossums were the primary use of my SKS

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Let's decide on the most effective DGG (dangerous game gun) for these hulking beasts. How about a Russian side-by-side (stylish yet not expensive), 12 bore (the use of the term gauge just isn't acceptable, old boy), clamp on rifle sights, and 1-1/4 ounce 3"mag slugs. That should do it. [Big Grin]

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used the #2 shovel on yotes--it was a bit light should of gone with a preme shovel!!

I may even look into the MK Shovel that are new........

"GET TO THE HILL"

Dog

Posts: 879 | Location: Bozeman,Montana USA | Registered: 31 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I find that the new Syn stock ones are just plain tough. They hold up to all kinds of abuse. Much better then the old wood stocked ones.

Posts: 19616 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote