Find
Notify
Tools

Canadians Boo'd our national anthem!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted Hide Post
I live on a border town where the citizens travel both ways all the time. This week 5 cars with New Brunswick licence plats had the windshields beat out of their cars in the Walmart parking lot, and some of the businesses in Maine are refusing to serve Canadians. Looks like Americans got their revenge over the hockey game. Too bad the Walmart is losing a big part of their business because the people are to worried to cross the border. See what happens when we let the actions of a few effect our thoughts... you get two countries who shared a very strong and profitable friendship suffer on both ends. I garentee any of you that come here to hunt black bear at our lodge this spring will not be turned down and will be treated just like family. Be you Canadian, American or whatever. And if you want Labbats we can get that for ya to. [Big Grin]

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I didn't read through all of this because, well, I didn't want to as it was getting depressing. But, I do want to add a little bit.

I agree with why base where you are going to, or more importantly, where you want to hunt on what some hockey guys did? or sports guys, or singers, or actors? There will be jerks in any crowd who need to be called out and dealt with and then ignored. Get on with life and that in itself will irritate them and that is winning.

I grew up at Wild Horse, Montana. It is a border crossing on the Canadian border. We had/have good friends in Alberta and they are very good people with whom any hunter, cowboy, farmer or rancher would be proud to partner with. I suspect southern Alberta isn't the only part of Canada with this class of people either so it's usually true that the quiet good ones are not heard. So don't forget them! [Razz]

Posts: 19 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: 13 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of John Y Cannuck
posted Hide Post
God Bless America was played at the Jays game in Toronto, without incident.

Posts: 872 | Location: Lindsay Ontario Canada | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Albert:
[QB]
The fans are nearly as bad as the players and for all I care, the game can go to hell. QB]

I am completely aghast at this statement. For once I am struck speechless...

Grizzly, next time you come to Canada, don't say this out loud. You may think it of course, but don't say it out loud..I fear for your safety. [Wink]

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
And people call me an asshole?

Gate
Even my American friends could not believe how us Canadians could clean up in a bar room brawl! [Big Grin]
Niether could the Washington police when we went down there! [Razz]

The problim is that you boys down south are too sensitive! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gatehouse,
I was just playing a little.

The point is that Canadians have always been our allies and are mostly fine people, at least the ones I've were nice. You have jerks everywhere. The fans at my old college boo thier own team.

A game played on ice is hard to take seriously in an area when frozen water is a marvel. If I want to see ice, I have to go to my freezer. [Smile]

Posts: 345 | Location: Dauphin Island, Alabama, USA | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Why do we play anthems at sporting events?
Esp if its just settng the stage for drunken teenagers to shit disturb?

Posts: 140 | Location: Saskatoon | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Albert:
Gatehouse,
I was just playing a little.

The point is that Canadians have always been our allies and are mostly fine people, at least the ones I've were nice. You have jerks everywhere. The fans at my old college boo thier own team.

A game played on ice is hard to take seriously in an area when frozen water is a marvel. If I want to see ice, I have to go to my freezer. [Smile]

What's a freezer?

Whe I want ice, I just go and chip some off the igloo.

You have a machine that "makes" ice?

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good day
It's a sad day when one country has to put another down at the best of times let alone over sports. Alot of sports fans are idiots, ever been to a kids(about 10yrs old). I was at my nephews the other day, alot of parents will not even let their kids play and enjoy themselves.You hear alot of ,hit him back: don't let him get away with that: get off your ass and skate. This is at kids games, it's no wonder adults act the same at NHL games, they can't even respect kids. I'm from Manitoba and Yes some of the people I know are against the war and yes some don't like the United States of America but these are few, as I am sure some Americans feel the same about us Canadians. Over the years I have been to the United States many times and have met many great people and hope to keep it that way.
Let's not judge each other on what a few morrons say no matter what country they're from but enjoy each others company as sportsmen and women and save each others opinions for when we get the chance to meet over a few cold ones .
Mike

Posts: 257 | Location: Canada | Registered: 29 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love candians! Except for French Canadians!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello;
Canada is kind of like Iraq, in that we are dominated by our leaders tribe and religion. Please come and liberate us. Even if they have weapons of mass destruction, they won't use them, just whine and snivel. When we have a national election here, it's decided as soon as the results from Ontario and Quebec are in. the rest of the country doesn't count shit.
Griz

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lynn D
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kudu56:

Could you give me your explaination of the term "French Canadian" ?

Lynn D

Posts: 1187 | Location: Quebec, Canada | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kudu56:

I also love canadians, they taste like chicken!!!

Posts: 2 | Location: Lake Titicaca Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have known and still know a lot of Canadians, I rodeoed with many of them, and a finer bunch I have never run with..I have hunted with many a Canadian and can't recall a Canadian I didn't like except that one RCMP that whipped my young drunk a$$ and almost tossed me in jail, all over a remark about the Queen, not a smart move on my part, believe me!!...

That said I think the Canadian liberal Government sucks, it is the same Gov. that took your guns away and the same Gov. that has turned their back on us in Iraq...but don't despare I feel the same way about our bleeding heart, liberal, Hollywood bloodsuckering democrats.....

One thing for sure, and that is all of us good old boys should stand together regardless of what country we're from...Our group is a brotherhood of country boys and gentlemen, with a common goal, the sport of hunting and shooting. I think the Muskateers had it right, one for all and all for one. United we stand, devided we fall.

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:

One thing for sure, and that is all of us good old boys should stand together regardless of what country we're from...Our group is a brotherhood of country boys and gentlemen, with a common goal, the sport of hunting and shooting. I think the Muskateers had it right, one for all and all for one. United we stand, devided we fall.

That's a damn good post, Ray.

one of us
posted Hide Post
the booing of the nation anthem either it be canadian or american is a shame but it is mostly done by those ignorant enough to do so. those who usuall know nothing of polotics.

i am canadian i love the usa

i hate the liberals they have done nothing but mess up time and time again its time for them to go

if i was able to vote in the usa i would vote for bush he's my type of guy and i like his views and his attitude twords certain subjects.

i cant wait till i move to the usa im am getting sick and tired of the political crap in canada

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't let the screen door hit you on the ass, Black Bore.....the river's not all that wide at Niagara Falls - just jump in and start swimming.

Just remember the grass on the other side of the fence isn't always greener, and you'd probably bitch just as loud on the other side. Did you ever think about about helping to FIX a few problems, instead of just whining about them?

Posts: 5864 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
French canadian= french speaking, The ones that dictate your politics and country!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of John Y Cannuck
posted Hide Post
Now that all this crap has aired once again, please, if you get the chance, help us defeat the Damn Liberals, before the menace spreads south of the border.

Posts: 872 | Location: Lindsay Ontario Canada | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Right on John C.

Posts: 42158 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tumble weed i am trying to help get rid of the liberal problem but i cannot do it alone.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ray;I agree with you. As to the US Army coming here,there is a site with just such a suggestion and a form to fill out, www.detaxcanada.org/ . Go have a look see,if nothing else it will get you to smiling,or gritting your teeth.
PFI; You wouldn't want to try to eat this Canuck,I'm old,tough an probably taste like shit.lol derF

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
I heard some maggots boooing our anthom again. I don't know if I can handle it any more!!!!! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

I'm going to string up because you won't play fair!!!

Get a grip!!!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote