Find
Notify
Tools

Idaho buck 2013
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
killed on Black Friday

Posts: 431 | Location: Wyoming/ Idaho, St Joe river | Registered: 17 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This buck was chasing another smaller buck and a hot doe around in a clear cut. They were running as fast as I have ever seen a whitetail go. I got two shots at him, following him in the scope and firing as the crosshairs passed his nose. Hit him both times. My lucky day, him, not so much.

Posts: 431 | Location: Wyoming/ Idaho, St Joe river | Registered: 17 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Very nice whitetail Les.
Did you have any field pictures.?

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just learning how to post pix. Will hunt down the field photos and try to post later this evening

One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
Really nice buck!

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great! Good shooting.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Be patient guys, had to have my son email a couple pics to my IPad and I was in a place with poor service..will check again in the AM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's where he fell, and a couple in the truck.

One of Us
Picture of scottfromdallas
posted Hide Post
I agree, nice buck. Interesting how most of his tines split. Very cool.

Posts: 1941 | Location: Texas | Registered: 19 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The afternoon I got him, my buddy BJ and I brought him into St Maries to show him to BJ's wife. She works at the St Joe Sport Stop. A young fellow came along, looked him over and said "want to see some pictures of him?" These came off his trail cam.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And this one.

Picture of danmcqueen
posted Hide Post
OUTSTANDING !!!!!!!!!!!!
What did shot it with and how far was your shot ?

Posts: 8 | Location: Norman, OK | Registered: 11 June 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Danmcqueen, took him with a 308 Ruger Hawkeye all weather at 185 yds. Not a hot load, rather a load made for a M14, a 150 gr Hornady interlock pushed by 44.5 gr WC846.