Notify
Tools

Red Stag---Pic Test
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted
 -

A nice Red Stag I shot here in Texas this summer.

Apparently Hunting-Pictures.com is defunct and I had to go Imagestation..... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 700 | Location: Wallis, Texas | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
where did your hunt take place???? do you have a contact number or web site for the ranch owner??

Posts: 466 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted Hide Post
Bill,

Greg R. (a member here) guided me on this hunt. Give him a call....very professional and lots of fun to be around and hunt with.

Greg Rodriguez
Momasa Trading Co.
281-494-4151
www.mbogo.net

Posts: 700 | Location: Wallis, Texas | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TXPO: thank you......

Posts: 466 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's an impressive animal, TXPO. Congrats.

Posts: 19677 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
That was a nice stag and a fun hunt. My web site is down as we are re-doing it and changing hosts.

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
TXPO
Congratulations, very nice redstag!

What is the weight of the horns and skull without the jaw? It looks like it can be quite heavy one.

Greg R,
I have noticed that your site is down! when will it be up and running [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
I got returm from postmaster, my email didn't get to you? Questions that is outside this topic; Is it you who are on picture at the Ed Brown trophy gallery? What do you think about his rifles?

Cheers
/ JOHAN

[ 02-15-2003, 03:40: Message edited by: JOHAN ]

one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted Hide Post
JOHAN,
I'm not sure what the skull & antlers weigh...10 pounds????

It was a fun group hunt with several quality animals taken over 2 long weekends, including 3 nice blackbuck, 4- nice axis, another red stag and an addax....and probably something else I've forgotten [Roll Eyes]

<JOHAN>
posted
TXPO

If the weight is 10 pounds for a cleaned skull it should be fairily normal redstag for some areas and a bit smaller in others. The big ones weigh around 10-12 kilos.

Naturally some horns are not as dense as others which keeps the weight down even if the horns looks impressive.

How do you meassure trophy quality of redstag and fallows in USA?
Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
Johan,

I sent you a PM.

We score trophies with a tape measure, not a scale like you guys. I have no idea what the antlers weighed. We typically take the length of the tines and mainbeams, plus a few mass measurements, to come up with a total score

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
Please e-mail me at ggrod@msn.com for now. I am re-doing my site and changing hosts, so it will be down for a week or so.

one of us
posted Hide Post
TXPO

How would this compare weight and body size wise to a big mule deer buck?

What rifle/calibre/bullet/velocity did you use?

Nice stag.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted Hide Post

Thank You.

I would say that a good stag will outweigh a muledeer by about 200 pounds or so. They are basically small elk....thats the best description I can give.

I shot this stag with the only gun I had at the time which was a Browning A-Bolt .300 WSM loaded with factory 150 gr Ballistic Silvertips. I would have much prefered to have my .35 Whelen, but the little .30 cal./150 gr pill put him down in about 15 yards.

[ 02-18-2003, 17:02: Message edited by: TXPO ]

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
TXPO,
Congratulations, great trophy !!
Is incredible the variety of game in Texas, definitly a good place to live [Smile]
LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted Hide Post
Lorenzo,

That's why I love this state so much! Texas has damn near anything you wanna hunt.