THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Hunting in Czech Republic and Italy in May/June?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting in Czech Republic and Italy in May/June?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted

I am visiting Italy in May and the Czech Republic in June this year and was looking to do some hunting.

Does anyone have any ideas and any good contacts to book with? (also see below).

I know these months are not ideal but am there anyway.

I have arranged a stay at a hunting villa in Italy (Northern Tuscany) where they have permission to hunt pheasant and similar all year round and hopefully will shoot a few there (I need to borrow a shotgun and they are trying to arrange this).

Any other ideas for the Tuscany region in Italy in May?

I was looking to hunt roe stag in the Czech Republic in mid June and also wild boar.

I was told wild boar hunting is not good in summer but I am waiting to here if mid-June is OK for roe stag.

Does anyone have any other ideas and more importantly any contacts/agencies etc whom I can contact to arrange something?

Any help would be appreciated.

While probably not possible the eastern part of Germany may also be possible if nothing elsewhere can be arranged.

Again any help appreciated

------------------
Nitro@NitroExpress.com
NitroExpress.com

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Hello John,

I would like to explain hunting in my country:

Here, if you want be regular hunter (Czech citizen), you must have "game-keeper" permision. There is "hunting" organization with a lot of clubs, each club have their own territory and members of clubs can only hunt in these territories. They can hunt only what they have allowed by game manager. Some meat they must pass to club, some they can keep. If hunter is more active in club (he brings food for animals in winter etc.), they can shoot more and even trophy pieces, not only deffectives. Each club can take you as guest at free or for money.

I will find some links to clubs or organisation providing comercial hunts and I will post it soon . . .

Posts: 2106 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Try these emails and links:

svoboda.oldrich@seznam.cz
http://www.agrowald.com/
mlvolary@iol.cz
vacek@lesybroumov.cz
lz4@lesycr.cz
vaclav.martinek@martinekv.cz - I belive this man could help you . . .

Hope it will help . . .

[This message has been edited by Jiri (edited 03-15-2002).]

Posts: 2106 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Nitro,
Some years ago, while visiting familiars I saw some big mountain goats and some gamuza (i dont know the name in english) similar to a goat but with little horns turned back.

The place was near a little town called Premana (high in the mountains). The place is near Lake Como. I remember passing through Lecco to arrive there.
I will try to contact them and get some information about hunting there.
LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post

Jiri and Lorenzo

Thanks for the replies and info.

Jiri

I have contacted the emails you have supplied. Waiting for replies. Thanks for the help you gave.

And your description of "club" hunting in Czech sounded very similar to a deer hunting club I belong to here in Australia.

Good Hunting

Nitro

------------------
Nitro@NitroExpress.com
NitroExpress.com

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
<hornblower>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Lorenzo:
Nitro,
Some years ago, while visiting familiars I saw some big mountain goats and some gamuza (i dont know the name in english) similar to a goat but with little horns turned back.

The place was near a little town called Premana (high in the mountains). The place is near Lake Como. I remember passing through Lecco to arrive there.
I will try to contact them and get some information about hunting there.
LG

Lorenzo ,
you are probably talking of a chamois !
Nitro : there are various German tour operators for hunting trip , who offer hunt in the Czech Republic , so if you need further help , contact e.g. Hubertus-Jagdreisen , Dr. Ruisinger , they have a contract with Czech estates , my husband was there last November .