New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you already registered?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
After some thought about the Colorado boycott debate and the fact that New York is beginning to confiscate guns and FID cards from people that have some medical perscriptions (see link below), I began wondering about how I was being tracked.

After writing a letter to my state congress people, I am asking the question of the group here:

By purchasing a firearms hunting license, have you by default, told the governmant that you are a gun owner? I do not believe these records are prohibited from search by the federal government.

Can you be "turned in" so to speak, by a state that is not gun friendly to either the Obama administration, or someone else that may want to take all of your guns, and I believe they do?

Just questions and food for thought.

NY gun confiscation.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you brought a hunting lic,any guns or ammo on a creit card,belong to a progun group , vist any inter net gun/hunting site,brought a firearm from a dealer,took a firearm to a lic gunsmith ,took a firearms class/hunter safety,called your reps about gun laws, have a CCW permit/lic.

YOU ARE ON A LIST.

Posts: 19607 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
hey, don't look at me, i borrow a buddy's gun during hunting season! Big Grin

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I only bowhunt.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
If you must ask I've only hunted with renewable resources for many years, rocks sticks and a switch for bears.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
I had some guns once but went duck hunting and the boat capsized and all of my guns are gone now.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
So, out of the kindness of my heart, I sold Blacktailer all my guns. Real cheap.

Then he took them all duck hunting too.

Jeez, it's like he is doing this intentionally!

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you talk about guns on the internet? Do you subscribe to gun/hunting magazines? Have you ever checked a sporting book from a library?

If it makes you feel any better, we are all on somebodies list already. Anyone who knows me knows that I like guns and cannons etc. There's not much I can do to erase that. I try to not let the paranoia interfere with having fun.

Posts: 817 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do reallize what the Nazi solution was to guys saying they no longer had any guns.

They give you 30 min to produce them if you did not they shot one of your family members they give another 30 min if you did not they shot you all.

Didn't matter if you lost them had the stolen or no longer had them.

I would hope Americans would have another solution in mind.

Posts: 19607 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a "crossbow" which is only legal in gun seasons where I hunt. So sorry, no firearms at this address.

Posts: 1039 | Location: Colorado by birth, Virginia by employment | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trust?

Social Security Numbers are "Not For Identification."

However, the legislation did not prohibit the withholding of service or license if an SSN was not "voluntarily" provided.

Nor did the legislation provide any fine or prison term for any official who by whatever means withheld service or license if an SSN was not provided.

Today an SSN number is a defacto Government issued Citizen's Identification Number.

Oh yes, an SSN is required for the issuance of a Drivers License, Hunting License, etc.

Trust?

Posts: 106 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 10 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
If it makes you feel any better, we are all on somebodies list already. Anyone who knows me knows that I like guns and cannons etc. There's not much I can do to erase that. I try to not let the paranoia interfere with having fun.

Give the man the Cupie Doll, he wins the prize. Is there anyone naïve enough to believe that sites like this are not being monitored by the U.S. Government? Is there anyone naïve enough to not believe that when we send an email to the politicians supposedly representing us that it is not being recorded by someone in our government?

Have you had to fill out one of the yellow ATF forms in the past 30 years or so, if so that is still on record, somewhere. The PTB's may not know exactly how many guns any of us own or the exact amount of ammunition for those guns, but they do know we have them and that cannot/will not change.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The real and worst issue of the NY safe act isn't the ban of ugly military looking firearms, (I will not call them A------- rifles) It Is the background check on ammo. What you buy in NY is going into a data base they will know what rifles or pistols you have without having to register a single firearm. I unfortantly have to live here till my youngest gets out of school. Thank god I live close enough to Vermont to buy ammo over there. In fact most of the people I know will never buy ammo here again for that reason. We all become crimanal and go blackmarket. If you choose not to registar and buy a bunch of 223 ammo. You think the police won't be at your door? Beware of our governer wants to become president in 2016. At last count 52 of 62 of our county legislatures have urged NY to repeal the Safe act. Its going to be uphill all the way.

When there's lead in the air, there's hope!!!!

Posts: 424 | Location: Ticonderoga NY | Registered: 19 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
If you must ask I've only hunted with renewable resources for many years, rocks sticks and a switch for bears.

Several good ones here but I believe this one was the best.

Well played Sir!

Although I've been dissagreed with before, I still believe the best way to retain your liberties/ insure your pursuit of happyness is with your zip code.

Seriously, chances of major firearm confiscation in Dillingham or really most of Alaska? Slim. Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota or some of our southern states? Not good.

Who the hell is going to organize a federal gun confiscation in Texas? You'd have to be suicidal.

Some of you folks have made the choice to reside in the areas that you do, (CA/ NY), and have already and will continue to suffer the consequenses. I have made the choice to live in Dillingham and having looked around a little, believe theres no chance any fed, state or local cop will be knocking on my door to confiscate my AR.

Posts: 9480 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some of you folks have made the choice to reside in the areas that you do

I was born a Texan, so my choice was made for me at birth. I understand what you are getting at however, but from what I have experienced in my dealing with folks, life did not/has not really allowed them to move elsewhere. Family commitments/life commitments have dictated where they would have to live, at least part of their lives to make a living/achieve their life goals.

Californians in their 30's and 40's realized some of this, and even though many of them helped create the problems that the state is dealing with now, they baled out and moved to Colorado and are doing the same thing to it as they did to California.

These folks are in their 60's and early 70's and I can't help but wonder where they will jump next after they finish with Colorado.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are a member of The Armed forces or a Veteran or Catholic or Jewish or Evangelical Christian you are on The list of people most probably to foment trouble.WGAFF??? Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I tell people who are for gun control that we have a prime example: Nazi Germany. It is uncanny and scary how close we are paralleling 1935.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote