New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another TSX Question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm just getting my feet on the ground with these. Do they then to run faster than conventional bullets in the same weight? Thanks, Okie John

"The 30-06 works. Period." --Finn Aagaard

one of us
posted Hide Post
Faster? No
Same? close.

Remember, forgivness is easier to get than permission.

Posts: 3994 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's possible you could get a little more velocity but I wouldn't count on it. Probably very little like 50 fps at best. Sometimes people don't understand the concept of a bullet that makes less friction. A bullet with moly or a barnes bullet with the xlc coating are a little more slippery going down the barrel. So some people equate "slippery" or less friction meaning they will be faster. Actually the opposite is true. Because there is less pressure there is less speed. The TSX falls into the category of slightly slipperier bullets because the ribs have less barrel contact and less pressure. So sometimes you have to run a little more powder to get the same velocity you got with a normal bullet. Once again people think this means more speed.
There was talk a while back that these new "slippery" bullets could get another 100 fps over regular bullets but that talk (I think) quickly quieted down when people started chronographing their new loads.
I THINK the biggest benefit of the tsx is less copper fouling because of less barrel contact and more accuracy because the bullet will have more "relief" in the rifling of the barrel which can show big benefit in the accuracy dept.
Not sure I did a good job of explaining here--hope it's easier to visualize than my explanation.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks. That's about what I thought. Okie John

"The 30-06 works. Period." --Finn Aagaard