THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    PWS Bear Skull Pics & B&C Score Sheet

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

PWS Bear Skull Pics & B&C Score Sheet
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
As promised, here are the pictures of the skull and the score sheet. Notice the hole under the right eye. This is where the bullet entered. On the second picture you can actually see the route it traveled as there is another hole visible through the nasal opening.

Posts: 33 | Location: Fairbanks, AK | Registered: 13 January 2002Reply With Quote
<leo>
posted
That shot missed the brain, so did that do the job or was another shot necessary? And why would someone go for a side head shot anyway, real tricky?

<500 AHR>
posted
Leo,

What do you mean that shot missed the brain. It looks to me like a dead ringer. A bears brain is located directly behind his nose! That is were this bullet went.

Todd E

one of us
posted Hide Post
Why a head shot??? Because from the time we seen him at 40 yds away until the time he was 10 yds away it is the only shot he offered. The remaining shots went into the vitals. It was also impossible for us to position ourselves in a way to get a straight vital shot w/o giving ourselves away. What you can't see is another smaller hole in the upper portion of the skull. It had a copper stain on it and is most likely from a portion of the bullet that fragmented and went a different route. Although the main portion of the bullet definitely turned a portion of the nervous system to hamburger. I guarantee you from the reaction of the first shot, it definitely rattled his head/brain.

Jim

Posts: 33 | Location: Fairbanks, AK | Registered: 13 January 2002Reply With Quote
<500 AHR>
posted
Leo,
I apologize. I had my head plug into my arse. I did not see the BIG exit hole that was very low. I agree now it appears to have missed the better part of the brain. I was looking at the smaller coppery hole higher up, which to me looked as though it hit the lower portion of the brain.

Todd E

<leo>
posted
Yeah, I see a what appears to be a smaller hole higher up and to the left. That alone probably killed the bear.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Funny how you, Big Stick, was the biggest critic of the size of this bear, and now that I guess it didn't gross right at 28, or less, you have nothing to say.

<Big Stick>
posted
He never rated as Huge nor close.

I'm suprised that he Netted better than his Green Score. That is a pretty good trick.

As I said to start with. He's a Big Bear. Just not in league as he was touted(still isn't)............

one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Stick

If anybody believed the bear was 12.6' and 1600 lbs, they are crazy. By now you should know those numbers are significant to the rumors and tails. I was referring to your statement about it not grossing more than 28, as if you were standing beside the bear when it was killed. There isn't any tricks involved, just people who 1) don't know what they are talking about and 2) the media can't even keep the numbers straight...just look at the story on adn.com and the newsminer.com as an example. If you don't believe the official score, email me and I'll give you the number to the guy who currently has the skull. You never heard me say this bear was even close to the sizes mentioned in the bogus emails. The bear weighed an honest 1000-1200 lbs.