THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Please let me introduce you to my brother....Ron Thorn

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please let me introduce you to my brother....Ron Thorn
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted
My brother Ron came home from his first Canadian Caribou hunt yesterday.

He hunted with Safari Nordik in Northern Quebec the first week of October and killed two Caribou. The hunting camp was 130 miles northwest of Quujjuac.

The main heard had already gone through but there were still a few stragglers from day to day.

The only three hunters in camp filled their tags by the fourth day. Everyone including the guides packed up and flew home at the end of the week.

This was a huge adventure for my brother, one he has longed for his entire life. He had never flown before this trip and flew in 8 different planes last week. I'm sure the float plane was the highlight of the flying.

He used his Remington 700 BDL in 7MAG that has been his go-to rifle for over 30 years.

His first

His second

My brother is 22 1/2 years older than me and there aren’t any brothers or sisters between the two of us. He has been hunting his entire life and has killed many more big game animals than I. Since he is 22 years older I have always looked at him as a father figure with the utmost respect. We have never raised our voices at each other (except he can't hear so I have to get loud sometimes) and I wish him many more great adventures. We only get to hunt with each other 4 days a year but I cherish those days.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding, Ted. I too have a brother, and although he doesn't care to hunt, we spend a fair amount of time fishing together. A brother is someone special. You (and I) are blessed.

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
COOL! Sounds like you and your brother need to hunt together a little more. 4 days a year aint much! Congratulations to Ron and nice to meet ya!

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1381 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Good job. Congrats to your bro.

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nice work by your brother
the whole family has adventured this year,
wasn't that your 1st antelope?
congats to both of you!!

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed, Congratulations!

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:
nice work by your brother
the whole family has adventured this year,
wasn't that your 1st antelope?
congats to both of you!!

Yes it was....1st for both of us. beer

Thank you, H.C.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
A Quebec/Labrador 'bou is the last of the four common subspecies I need. But I'm getting too old and lazy, so I doubt if I'll ever get there to tag one.

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote