New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado Moose/Help!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I drew a Bull Moose tag for 171 in Colorado. Wow, I consider myself blessed. Had max points. I did hunt this same area for a cow moose about 11 or 12 years ago but haven't been there since. Any helpful hints?? I have read where there have been some CWD positive moose in that area. I do know where a good bit of my summer will be spent. I'm 65 yrs old now so glad I drew this now.
I do need to get my left knee "fixed" before then though. Hope that's not serious as I had it worked on about 10 yrs ago. Ray

Ray, Alias newtoot OR is it Vice Versa?

Posts: 106 | Location: Aurora, CO | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Not sure if you are aware or not, but the DOW has harvest sheets for moose like they do for sheep and goat.

Using this info, you can get a general idea of where people have been getting moose. They have the reports on their web site.

Good luck!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Newtoot

Send me a PM with a good email address on it.

Somewhere in the bottomless pit I call a den, I have an article from the guy that used to write the outdor column for the Greeley paper. In it, he lists a bunch of places in the area between Cameron Pass and Walden that moose like to hang out in.

I'll look for it and if I can find it, I'll scan it and send it to you. Sounds like you drew the tag I've been putting in for the last 2 decades. Same area and everything.

Cheers

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Newtoot,

Info sent. Let me know if it helps.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote