Notify
Tools

A Few Buck Pics
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted
Here are a couple bucks from the past 48 HRS, thought I would share them here

Went out and found a really nice typical yesterday evening and found an absolute giant this morning. Took a few pics from a mile away through the spotter. They are not good pics but you can tell they are both good deer that most people would take

Here is the typical from last night. Really good forks and small matching cheaters.

And here is the GIANT found this morning! My jaw hit the dirt, I was not expecting to find a deer like this. The pictures are horrible but he has tremendous back forks with multiple splits in each fork. This buck will easily have 40" of mass measurements IMO. He is at least a 7x7 with a spread exceeding 30". I looked at him for about 2 seconds before leaving the area so I didnt spook him. I took these pics when he stood up 2 hours later from almost a mile.

I am guestimating this buck to be 210"-215", these pictures cannot begin to do him justice. I am hoping we can get the bowhunter on him tomorrow

Drummond

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
WOW! shocker

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that buck don't need a score
let the air outta him and post some pics
good luck drummond

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
great stuff DL...thanks for sharing...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DC Roxby
posted Hide Post
Wow is right. He looks like a miniature elk!

I don't shoot elk at 600 yards for the same reasons I don't shoot ducks on the water, or turkeys from their roosts. If this confuses you then you're not welcome in my hunting camp.

Posts: 566 | Location: Ouray, CO | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Red C.
posted Hide Post
tu2

Red C.
Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Posts: 909 | Location: SE Oklahoma | Registered: 18 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some great bucks! Thanks for the share. I think you are right, that big boy is at least a 200" deer, if not 230!

Good job, and good luck on getting your hunter onto him!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Strut10
posted Hide Post
Beautiful deer, both.

Good luck in hanging your tag on either.

Founder....the OTPG

Posts: 764 | Location: slightly off | Registered: 22 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
drummond
isn't this monster dead YET?
i mean... your post is 2 days old and what?
no pictures,no word from the bush and no blood?
you didn't use to stall in our old camp...

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:
drummond
isn't this monster dead YET?
i mean... your post is 2 days old and what?
no pictures,no word from the bush and no blood?
you didn't use to stall in our old camp...

I'm slacking bud! I had to leave on Friday to get home and take some final tests for my firefighter class I'm taking. Didn't get back down here till this morning but I did find a big typical tonight that I have pictures of. Just need somebody to post em for me. He's 185"-190", really nice buck but I'm looking for the non typical at first light tomorrow

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote