Find
Notify
Tools

A dose of reality.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
Do any of the Americans on this site honestly believe that we can set aside our personal beliefs and stand united to support hunting in America?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
stand united to support hunting in America?

Does your definition of "stand united" mean that we aren't allowed to disagree on anything?

Or to ask a different way: are we required to put aside our personal beliefs in order to stand united?

Actually the real question should be: Should we stand united? Look at the other groups that stand united such as the animal rights groups(all hunting should be banned even if it increases poaching and causes species go extinct) or the pro abortion groups(abortion should be a legal choice even if the pregnancy is full term).

I believe that hunters don't "stand united" because we are too introspective to act like a bunch of sheep.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
Do any of the Americans on this site honestly believe that we can set aside our personal beliefs and stand united to support hunting in America?

Nope

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Within a state, yes, its possible.

Between states, NFW. Too many regional differences.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Within a state, yes, its possible.

I'll assume you've never been to Wi DNR Conservation Congress/Public meetings... Big Grin

I swear guys just about draw down on each other over the the smallest details! I've seen some tense situation over Bear baiting vs hounds, CWD, Wolves, Elk heard up North, Deer herd tags/management and that's not to mention the Waterfowl hunting crowd.

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I am pretty sure none of us that hunt have any intentions of becoming sheeple.

I am also pretty sure none of us that live to hunt like being attacked by fellow hunters that have some personal problem concerning legal hunting methods.

Unlike the anti's, whether they are targeting hunting/gun ownership/abortion or whatever, hunters simply appear unable/incapable of just stating that they support all LEGALLY recognised/authorised forms of hunting.

The anti's have a goal in mind which is nothing more or less than being able to impose control over the lives of other people.

Hunter's in my opinion only want to be able to continue doing an activity that is a major part of their personal lives.

I am pretty sure that hunting will not be outlawed in my lifetime, but I would like to believe those that enjoy hunting and those that have yet to experience the enjoyment participating in a hunt brings, will still be able to do so long after I am gone.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll assume you've never been to Wi DNR Conservation Congress/Public meetings

I have been to many so very true.

Posts: 19610 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote