Find
Notify
Tools

Booked for Black Bear today!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
WOO HOO!
Headed up to Idaho for a two-bear hunt in the Nez Perce National Forest in just over two weeks! CAN'T WAIT!

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck.

Posts: 1005 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Go get em John!

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I'm going Friday. You should'a come with me. You'd be a conservative by the time you got back. There's great fishing, too. You know... Give the man a fish and you feed him for a day... Teach him to fish... and he becomes a conservative. [Big Grin]

Let's bet. My bear is bigger (B&C pts.) than either one of yours... that is, if you see any. [Razz] And I'll be hunting with a recurve... not like that whuss compound hunter, BlowHard, or whatever his name is.

What do you wish to wager?

Posts: 7592 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, Judge, I thought all of that was suppose to stay on the political forum? [Big Grin]

Posts: 1005 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John, good luck. What gun are you going to use.
Will this be bait or spot and stalk?

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
Have fun, guys...

We've only got 2 weeks left in the BC season, and I haven't shot a bear myself yet. I'm stll waiting to find the 'big one.'

Maybe I should take up the Judge's bet? [Wink]

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
JTG
Sir
Holding out for a "red bear"?
Good luck! I hope both you and JudgeG kill a big
bear.
Jeff

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TXPO
posted Hide Post
If you have half as good of a time as I did bear hunting this year you will have had a great time!

Posts: 700 | Location: Wallis, Texas | Registered: 14 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Judge,
A good Christian like yourself . . . GAMBLING!?! FOR SHAME! [Wink] [Big Grin] [Wink]

JeffP,

I would never shoot a "red" bear! You know my sympathies for the "reds". [Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin]

NE,

There are a few weapon choices I am considering to make the bait hunt a bit more interesting. I am thinking about using black powder or my good friend Aleko's 9.3x62 Blaser to give the hunt a Euro flair. Aside from these two choices, I will use my model 70 in .416 just because that is what I am comfortable with.

Thanks for the replies,

JohnTheGreek

Posts: 4697 | Location: North Africa and North America | Registered: 05 July 2001Reply With Quote