New
Find
Notify
Tools

pig hunting in Ca.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I live in Stanisluas county, I am interested in finding a place to hunt wild pigs. Preferably in Stan. Co. or in the surrounding counties. Any help would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks.

Big 17

Posts: 82 | Location: Gardnerville, Nevada | Registered: 05 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a webpage on hog hunting in California at

http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/calhog.html

We also have a forum with a lot of hog hunters at

http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard//forums.cgi?forum=35

------------------
~spectr17

Jesse's Hunting Page and Gear Review

Posts: 424 | Location: Kali-fornya via Missouri | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot, I was starting to think there was not any fellow pig hunters in Ca.

Big 17

Posts: 82 | Location: Gardnerville, Nevada | Registered: 05 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
Big,

Ch3eck out Kyler Hamann. Not only is he a great guy, he's a member of this forum, and is quite reputable (see him in this months Guns and Ammo with Craig Boddington)

I have hunted with him half a dozen times, and have been very happy.

www.boaring.com

------------------
Quick, Clean and Painless.

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Join Wilderness Unlimited and if your experience is like mine, you will have more good (not great, but worth the money) places to hunt pig, deer, bear, duck, .... than you can possibly visit.

Posts: 3844 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Don Martin>
posted
I'll have to disagree on Wilderness unlimited. I think the outfit is a huge scam and I encourage people to save their money. However I did kill a pig on a WU property. I like to call that my $2500 hog.

Try a seasoned guide for hogs(like Larry Greve, Hogs Wild (559)935-5788) and save the rest of your money for a good out of state hunt.

Sorry, I can't recommend any public land, it's not really an option unless you live right next door to it.

Don Martin.