New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interisting deer feeding behavior
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The last couple of mornings I have seen a small racked buck fair big in the body feeding on a choke cherry tree in the yard.

The tree about 20 feet tall and on a angle to the ground is just loaded with cherrys .

The buck well stand on its hind feet jump up grap a limb and shake it to get the cherrys to fall off then he eats them off the ground. Then he does it all over again.

Posts: 19607 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Haha, don't surprise me.
Some years ago I made a feeder using a gallon with a hole in the bottom and a chain going through that hole.

The chain keep the corn from falling to the floor but if something touches the chain this one start moving allowing corn going to the ground.

Several times I saw a deer putting the chain into his mouth and shaking it allowing huge amount of corn going to the ground Big Grin

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The funniest thing I ever watched was when a bunch of hunters drove all night to get there. They were tired and went in the back of their van to sleep. They parked on the side of the road under an apple tree, I don't think they knew. We came out of the woods and there was a herd of deer there. Some were standing on their back legs to reach apples and used the van to lean against. It was a good laugh.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bfrshooter:
The funniest thing I ever watched was when a bunch of hunters drove all night to get there. They were tired and went in the back of their van to sleep. They parked on the side of the road under an apple tree, I don't think they knew. We came out of the woods and there was a herd of deer there. Some were standing on their back legs to reach apples and used the van to lean against. It was a good laugh.

LOL!! Meanwhile the hunters slept...... jumping

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote