New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maine Moose Guides??????????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Not wanting to count Chickens, but am getting a lot of points(18) for Moose in Maine. Does any one have any experience with guides in WMA 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6. All in the north of the state. Thanks..........Hal

Posts: 93 | Location: Evart Mich USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
I definitely wouldn't count chickens, yet Hal but contact Dave and Sara at Northstar Variety in New Sweden, ME as they are the tagging station in WMD 3 where most folks wind up. Sara is the state biologist onsite and they can give you the straight dope. We've successfully shot moose up there twice and you can't hope to meet nicer people.

Best of luck.

Jeff

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you win guides from your zone will contact you. No need to start now.

Posts: 1293 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
If I pulled 5 or surrounding WMA's I would call Libby Camps as quickly as possible and ask for Matt! If I am ever so lucky that is what I plan to do.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote