THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Availability of offered Desert Bighorn in Mexico

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Availability of offered Desert Bighorn in Mexico
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
For those people in the know or in the business,including the fortunate ones that have the land in Mexico.
I understand that Desert Bighorns are available for a tidy sum.I also understand that some of those offered hunts take 50.000$ up front,the guide softens you up by running you around desert landscape and then at the appropriate time,asks you again,whether you really like to hunt Desert Bighorn,this time emphasizing the word "really" with an open hand ,hell you are in Mexico,after all remember,capitalism mexican style
Can we possible get a sharing of any real info on the availability and cost.Waiting and praying to win the lottery in the US isnt too appealing to me,might be simpler to go to Asia.

sheephunter

Posts: 795 | Location: CA,,the promised land | Registered: 05 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SheepHunter,

I have a fairly good knowledge of the sheep hunts in Mexico. I would say the average sheep hunt is in the range of $50000 plus $2000 - $3000 for licenses etc...
If you go with a reputable operator you won't have anybody trying to pry more money out of you. I think most hunters would take great exception to this after agreeing to the original deal. Availability of such hunts is not great as I believe the recent overall fair- chase quota was cut or will be cut. If you book a hunt with a reputable agent or a proven outfitter, after having talked to recent references you should not have any problem.........other than spending a great deal of money for a sheep. I know of a very good sheep hunt that has produced very nice rams that is available right now up until mid march or so for $35000 which is a great price in comparison. I believe it just came available due to a cancellation. If you want detail just e-mail me.

Posts: 373 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote