New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: More marketing hype?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well to answer your question about reduced loads. We shoot the customer supplied ammo, We have the customers ship 6 loaded rounds with each rifle and the before and after videos are with the same ammo.

The 458 Lott that is in the video is using 500 gr hornady that was supplied by superiour ammunition in the dacotas.
Mike the customer has an email link on the front page and you can ask him yourself.

We shoot what is supplied, The 416 was factory box ammo and the customer raved about the performance.

We have done 30-378, 300 Ultra, 338 Ultra and just about every nasty thing in between, the before and after are with what is supplied.

It works, as advertised, or your money back.

www.bp-tec.com

Rick Hebert

BP-TEC

one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
Rick- thanx for the response�
When Jeff Cooper was working with Steyr to develop the .376Steyr and then put it on the new very light Steyr Scout rifle, even Cooper said the little sucker just kicked too much!
It was BP-Tec that developed the brake for the .376Scout that tamed the little beastie.
There is a great cut-away of a BP brake on the Scout on one of the Scout webpages.

http://www.steyrscout.org/376steyr.htm

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rick. Like I said, I have never watched my self shoot my larger rifles. I guess it feels worse than it looks. Are the claims about no increase in noise level for real? Secondly, I have a facotry Weatherby rifle with a factory break. If I send you the break, can you match the threads and send me a new "comp" that I can just screw on? Thanks for any more info and a very happy holiday to you all.

Posts: 263 | Location: Where ever Bush sends me | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes we can do that , we need the caliber and barrel length.

You may have to trim a little of the back of the comp to clock it properly.

We have done a few this way and we set them up as close as possible , you may need to remove a little material from the rear of the comp to get it clocked properly.

Rick H

www.bp-tec.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok I forgot.

There is NO Increase in noise to the shooter or those around them. A result of slowing the gasses down reduces the sound pressure wave.

We sell to the black suited guys and we had to do near and far field sound pressure tests as a spec for delivery.

http://www.bp-tec.com/test.htm

is the direct link to one of the sound charts.

I couldnt find a good copy of the 308 or 300 win mag

Rick