New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wolves....Say No to Nonprofits!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Since neither the RMEF, SCI, FNAWS, Mule Deer Foundation, Turkey Federation, Ducks Unlimited, or Trout Unlimited denounce the wolf reintroduction in the west in any of their mission statements, they ALL MUST BE FOR IT!!

Don't send them your money!! Don't let them secure critical wildlife habitats and cooridors!! Don't let them improve wildlife habitat, or protect watersheds!! Don't let them improve hunter access to private lands!

This is all just an evil plot by them to dominate the earth with their army of wolves, and to ruin the very lives of the animals their foundations have spent millions of dollars trying to help preserve! That is their goal!!

Besides a SELECT few (short bus riders) does anyone else see the lack of logic in this crap others are spewing out?? homer

MG

one of us
posted Hide Post
Of those organizations, at one time or another, MDF,FNAWS,and SCI with the exception of the RMEF, denounced the reintrodcution of the Canadian Grey Wolf. Join them and read there magazines and newsletters.

Your analogies are pretty pathetic, pretty much the same as your liberal ideas and political affiliation..

Bottom line, RMEF could simply have written an article condemning the wolf reintroduction program due to the "FACT" they the wolf is decimating elk herds in some areas of Wy, Id, and Mt. But they chose not to and actually had nice warm and fuzzy articles supporting it. The only reason RMEF came out in the last 12 months saying that they stand for delisting of the wolf and that management needs to take place is because of pressure from huntrs, guides, and outfitters. I never once said that the RMEF has done no good. They can do more!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Had the RMEF written that letter, they would have acted against their own charter. The RMEF, by it's charter, is non-political. It may not encumber itself in polital situations. Period. End of story.

Their position on the Montana game-farm referendum was, for the same reason, an illegal activity, and people got fired over it. Even though game farming, through TB and Chronic Wasting, was a real threat to wild elk for all future generations.

Why are you not upset that the Masons, the local Teamster union, and the Catholic Church did not condemn the wolf introduction? It makes as much sense as the RMEF rants. They did not come out against it, so they must be for it???????????? FWIW, Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your analogies are about as pointless as Madgoats.

I do know some Masons, Catholics, and Union people who have publicly spoke out against the wolves. RMEF can support publicly but can not speak out against? I call BS!

They were for it, they said so in Bugle magazine. RMEF staff are still wiggling and hoping up and down,pating thier chests in excitment over the wolf reintordcution. And the wolf is killing 1000's of elk!!!!! Go figure!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
You read a Bugle with an article in it that described that THE RMEF supported the wolf introduction?

If you would, please, which page in which issue?

Bugle published a number of articles pro and con introduction, by individuals. I have copies going back quite a few years. Never seen that editorial with the official RMEF position.

The facts are that if the wolves had naturally re-established themselves (and they would have), the ESA would have been a mill-stone around everyone's neck. No shooting under ANY circumstances. For a much longer period of time. Decades, if not more. With much heavier penalties. Delisting under much more stringent requirements.

In the meantime, your grand-standing stands between me and my wolf tag, and I don't care much for it..... JMO, Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No grand standing. I don't care for the RMEF and thier stance on a detriment to elk and elk hunting.

You have to go back to the issues about when the wolves were released, and last year I wrote a letter to the editor, as did about 200 others voicing displeasure with thier support of the wolf and they rebutted in letters to the editor that they felt wolves are an important part of a sound ecological system. They published my letter as well as about 10 others in that issue. I have one issue of Bugle left as I don't support or read thier warm and fuzzy garbage.

Yes they have done a tremendous amount of good for elk and elk habitat, but they are contradciting themselves and going backwards.

one of us
posted Hide Post
we do not need to denounce the reintroduction of wolves, we need to move on to the next level: management of wolves. like or not, they are here to stay. It is simply a matter of taking them off the pedestal as a worshipped icon, and putting them on the list of legal game species. no magic. no ranting. no political boycotting of good organizations. just good management. the wolves have put elk and deer and moose back into the proper step on the food chain, but we need to make sure that the wolf does not now remove them from the food chain!!

I am proud of almost everythin RMEF does and has done and will do, even if I dont understand some of it, or even agree with it, I am proud of anorganization that has been as successful as it is.

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bravo Jameister!!!

Well said! They're just animals, animals that are making a successful comeback (far more successful than anyone expected) and now it comes down to managing them. They were here long before we were, as were the elk...but they are just another species of animals that need management.
"no magic. no ranting. no political boycotting of good organizations. just good management." Well put, sir!

Formerly "the444shooter" I think I had about 73,000 posts before I had to re-register Wink

God Bless and Shoot Straight

God is a comedian playing to an audience afraid to laugh--Voltaire

Posts: 69 | Location: Big Sky Country, MT | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I can speak to how Wolves will impact you.
On Vancouver Island B.C./Canada our wolves had been nonexistant till the mid 60's then reports started to filter in of sightings, nobody got too excited then. About the same time due to heavy logging on the north island our Blactail deer population took off and for several years we had unbelievable hunting here! Well the wolves spread out and when they arrived in the north island with its burgeoning deer population their numbers exploded. In a few short years they essentially wiped out our deer populations to relatively unhuntable numbers. During all this we the hunters pleaded with our Provincial Govt. for a wolf cull all to no avail as they were not going to anger the bambi lovers no matter what! It is now about 30 yrs past and in some areas we are starting to see an improvement in deer numbers but nothing very exciting. We now have an established wolf pop. but at least we have trapping and hunting to keep them somewhat controlled. So now between the Cougars, Wolves and Black Bears they manage to keep the Deer levels pretty low of course some areas are doing better than others but overall we have a sad situation here. Our game branch is politically controlled and we have a well established anti hunting lobby here so they are no help whatsoever. In spite of all that I have said here I believe that if you have a situation where the wolf numbers are strictly monitored and you manage for Ungulates then there is no problem with having them around, but..... if you do not have this garuanty then expect the wolves to manage the game for wolves and this will mean limited hunting oppurtunity for hunters.

Posts: 434 | Location: Wetcoast | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With Quote