THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    summary of our deer season,, how was yours?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

summary of our deer season,, how was yours?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
i did not kill a deer this year for the 1st time since 1969. i saw the same really nice 10 pt but could not get a sure shot on him, mid year i decided not to shoot a doe. The club score for this year was 5 bucks, 2 button errors($200 fine) and 25 does.and 2 hogs.. 2 does were killed sat morning near our main trailer..in a normal year we kill about 100 deer and 85 hogs..there are still fresh acorns on the ground so the does are not hitting our food plots.the main rut was during a full moon and the had 20-30mph winds many weekends. the high point of the year were several 1st time kills by under 13 year old kids, wish my daughter would hunt with me.
we had a good time and ate well it's just more fun to kill hogs and see more deer..duck season us still open & crow shooting starts next week and turkey season is only a few months away..

any of you ga hunters have a decent season, i have not talked to anyone with a good year

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
15 deer for the season. 5 bow kills, four fawns(born same year and average 55lbs, just so any dumb ass bunny huggers starts to question me) and one wide spread but thin seven point. Four firearm kills, three fawns and one doe. Six muzzleloader kills two mature does, a nice eight point(picture posted in another thread hear in Big Game Hunting), and three more fawns. Got three weeks of bow season left hope to take another deer or two.

one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
I had a blast this past mule deer season. I spent over 60 over nighters and a few days from my porch. I also got in a one week goat hunt. In the end I passed on over 50 bucks.

I took a mulie early for the freezer then shifted into the trophy hunt. When the rut was approaching I set up my camp in an area with good genetics. I stayed in camp 20 days straight hunting the whole peak. I passed on several nice bucks and ended up eating my tag in the end.

I had the fortune of having a good dump of snow which pushed a heavy migration right through camp. I followed the migration right to the valley bottom from the 5000ft camp I had set up. I had two 180 class bucks that I was playing hide and seek with for a week. I even bumped into the 30incher in the pines at 40yrds but had no time for a shot. They ended up lighting my honey hole on fire and it pushed out my bucks. Work pulled me out of the bush with still 20 days left.

Some decent bucks came out of camp none the less. Not bad considering no one else was holding out for a brute.

Here's some pics.

Camp

My ol' man's double drop tine

Kerri's first buck ever

Herman's buck

Honey hole on fire

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote