New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your favorite drink?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Iknow, I know, but it's Christmas! Mine is Wild Turkey with coke on ice, what's your's?

Posts: 231 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gidday Steve,

Famous Grouse. Just Famous Grouse preferably 30 years old.

Happy Hunting

Hamish

Posts: 588 | Location: christchurch NZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
scoth with drambuie called rusti nail.cheers

ur 3 greatest hunts r ur first ur last and ur next

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteveM70:
Iknow, I know, but it's Christmas! Mine is Wild Turkey with coke on ice, what's your's?

Love it, but I like George Dickel instead. Also a new one for me from a Chilean friend is Pisco and Seltzer with lime.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
H2O.... Cool

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
Pendelton on the rocks.....Let her Buck!!!

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of eskimo36
posted Hide Post
Patron silver tequilla straight from the freezer.

"One shot is usually enough..."

Posts: 487 | Location: OK | Registered: 02 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
Unsweetened Ice tea... thumb

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Johnnie Walker Blue

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10136 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
+1 for Patron Silver, only at room temp.

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jack and coke

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
water or semisweet ice tea. boring huh.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sierra Mist with Woodford Reserve, makes your tongue beat your brains out. Good shooting.

phurley

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
uh free

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

You guys are killing me with mixing some really great liquor with pop. Gawd!

Pour a double shot of any good bourbon over a rocks glass filled with ice. Lovely!

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13023 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Mine? That's easy: A large glass of very sweet iced tea with a generous slice of squeezed lemon.

I'm very picky about tea. It has to be freshly-made.

My second favorite drink is good old H2O -- but only from our country well or, if not that, then a bottle of Ozarka.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Diet Pepsi....4 or 5 a day need them or not.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sweet tea or Coke...wait, also ice cold IBC root beer in the bottle.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mountain Dew or Sweet Tea over Ice!

Hawkeye47

One of Us
Picture of wino
posted Hide Post
don julio anjeo

"Earth First, we'll mine the other planets later"
"Strip mining prevents forest fires"

Posts: 2407 | Location: smokey southren humboldt county nevada | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of crl
posted Hide Post
A really fine bourbon (single barrel) and ice.
crl

The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty; and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

Posts: 379 | Location: MN | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Miller Lite,by the case!

Posts: 561 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteveM70:

A nice Sangiovese, thick and tasty. Earlier in the day, a little Constant Comment tea with a dollop of orange-blossom honey.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14625 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Booker Noe & a Glass............

Merry Christmas,

Joe

Where there's a hobble, there's hope.

Posts: 369 | Location: Homer, Alaska | Registered: 04 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Truly good, untaxed liquor is hard to beat. But if that is not available, bottom-of-the-cooler Coors Light in the bottle is hard to beat. I still want to know how the make it so good and sell it so cheap....

Posts: 78 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: 29 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
If you are an honorary Newfounlander like myself, then straight Newfoundland Screech Rum from Jamaica. Ouch!

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted Hide Post
Tangle Ridge and Coke thumb

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
justerini and brooks

one of us
posted Hide Post

Being a Down Easter Screech is familiar to me from my younger and much foolisher days.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13023 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bout once a week a jack and cranberry hits the spot

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MARK H. YOUNG:

Being a Down Easter Screech is familiar to me from my younger and much foolisher days.

Mark

by the time I kissed a native Newfounlander girl, a raw cod and few more shots than needed to get me there, I was appreciating the drinking strength of the natives. When asked, one stated loudly "God bless Ireland" and then everyone else there yelled it out also. We were at the Crows Nest in St. John's.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is nothing like a big glass of skim milk on the rocks.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rum with anything....aarrgghhh now thats a mans drink. Big Grin
Screech is just another kind of rum...we take it on every huntin trip for toasting the game we take or the fine trip... which ever is most appropriate. Wink
Here's to the deer..gulp...aaaahhhh!

Posts: 434 | Location: Wetcoast | Registered: 31 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Uglystick
posted Hide Post
#1 Glenmorange single malt on ice

#2 Bombay Saphire with tonic or Hendricks Gin on ice

#3 A good pint of Guiness

#4 WHATEVER

Posts: 173 | Location: Jackman MAINE USA | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Water - cold

I will drink an O'Doul's every now and then just to keep me honest.

Alan

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.-Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 511 | Location: Goliad, Texas | Registered: 06 November 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Johny Walker Green or Blue, with a single cube.

A good Sherry or Port, to watch the fire with in winter.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Did I log onto the wrong forum again?? Wink

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2508 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Uglystick, I think you can read my mind. I don't drink very much at all anymore but you have my list Items #1 and #2 change depending on the season. When it is hot and sticky I like to call on Dr. Bombay, fall and winter it's the scotch with one ice cube or maybe just 1/2 an ice cube

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Before dinner - Campari, gin and red vermouth
After dinner - Hennesey VSOP cognac

Had Chivas Royal Salute on the rocks last Saturday night. That was awesome.

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Jack Daniels on the Rocks...

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote