THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    how to bag a 180+ deer in 15 minutes...

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how to bag a 180+ deer in 15 minutes...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MN Hunter
posted
As I was packing my gear this morning I read this article in the local paper about a guy who bagged his first deer and I couldn't help but smile.

Hand me down bow... free
WalMart arrow... $5
WalMart broadhead...$6

The look on the face of all of the product reps that keep saying we need thousands of dollars worth of gear to kill a deer...PRICELESS

http://www.startribune.com/spo...doors/133207943.html

Posts: 245 | Location: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: 07 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
Blind hogs do find acorns...

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WOW! What a deer and what a story! Congrats to a very lucky hunter.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He's hooked now, and he'll be buying gear before long. His paychecks will be going to get him a bow that he doesn't have to aim 2' below bullseye to hit the target. IMO though gear doesn't have to be fancy it just has to work.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Instead of hooked he might be ruined.

He well never beable to better the frist one.

Posts: 19617 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Sullivan:
Blind hogs do find acorns...

Nonsense! moon Big Grin Forgive me if I am a bit vulgar today - no offense intended! Big Grin

The first and by far the most important requirement of killing a big trophy (or any game animal) is simply to be there!!!

And, in reading the attached article, the guy spent "Three consecutive days practicing non-stop" (my words).

Certainly, he was lucky beyond measure. But he got off his proverbial arse and "was in the right place at the right time."

Too often in our world today we are beholden to believing that "if only I had this or that..."; the simple truth is that if you get your but out in the field, good things can happen. If you're over-worried about having every nick-nack just right, you may very well be 15 minutes late, and have missed your appointment with DESTINY!

Woody Allen once said something to this effect: "80% of life is just showing up."

BTW, love your intro MN Hunter - couldn't be said any better.

Allow me to also share the original author's closing comments:

But on these first days of the deer season, when fortune seems to cast her favors so randomly, they have to ask themselves:

Would they rather be good?

Or lucky?

In 1934, Lefty Gomez went 26-5, with a 2.33 ERA, a feat rarely equaled.

Yet even he knew the answer.

So does Citrowske.

First, last and always, be lucky.

Dennis Anderson • danderson@startribune.com
:

Good luck to all of you this Autumn, and God bless!

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
The sun shines on a dogs ass every now and then. Big Grin

In all seriousness , Tred Barta even said it.

90 percent of it is just getting and being there.

10 percent of the hunters kill 90 percent of the game.

Allot of fact to that.

--------------------------------------------

Nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Posts: 774 | Location: North Central Washington | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd rather see this guy get the buck than someone like Dave Moris, Chuch Adams, Mark Drury, Mike Waddell etc... Nothing against them mind you but it is nice to hear about a regular guy getting a good buck every once in a awhile and not outdoor personalities or fat rich guys hiring guides.

Posts: 2940 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice. | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote