Notify
Tools

Hunting In Feb?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted
HI Guys,

it looks like we will be exhibiting at the Harrisburg show in Feb so thought I would check what there is to hunt in that neck of the woods in Feb?

Adam & I will both be in town so thought this would be a good place to ask the question.

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Any ideas?

Rifles or shotguns, just fancy hunting stateside for the first time.

K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only thing in Pennsylvania I can think of is Snow Geese. There are outfitters near Harrisburg. I have never hunted Snow Geese there, so I can't give any referral.

A few hours drive south, you could hunt deer in Northern Virginia. This is in the Washington DC suburbs, to the edge of the mountains. Maryland might have a long season, too, I never had a place to hunt there.

Jason

Posts: 582 | Location: Western PA, USA | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few PA guides specialize in calling coyotes, don't know any personally but a good search engine should get you some info...good luck!
PS- There are also fenced hunts in PA for boar, mouflon, etc. Not as big as in Texas, but a lot of guys do it.

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.
Coyotes could be gun. Like I say, just thinking it would be nice to hunt out there .

Geese would also be interesting, so I'll ask google.

K