New
Find
Notify
Tools

Washington Spring Bear
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This intrigues me. Can anyone fill me in on non-resident spring bear hunting in Washington State? Is this a draw permit? Any suggestions regarding honest and reliable guides that purposely do not book a whole boat load of hunters. Thank you

Posts: 214 | Location: maine, usa | Registered: 07 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry I can't offer specifics, but I met a one-man outfitter @ SCI show in PA a few years ago who took hunters on Spring spot & stalk hunts along OREGON's coastal mtns. He claimed to typically see many bears daily as well as having a 100% success rate. If you are creative with Google or another good search engine you can find him & others. There was a draw but he claimed it was also 100% for non-residents. Again, sorry for the failed memory (excacerbated by Lyme disease).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Joe. I'll take your advice and check into Oregon too.

Posts: 214 | Location: maine, usa | Registered: 07 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
might check bearpawoutfitters.com

dale has a great reputation.

spring bear is draw-only unless you're hunting the res with indians. drawing deadline is in february.

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hunt the indian reservation in NW Washington and search craiglist.