Find
Notify
Tools

Hawkeye47
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
To answer your question, yes and no!
I have a paddock I hunt pigs and donkeys on, that has buff but they get mustered (and are quite tame) so they are off limits (by order of the owner). Another paddock I hunt on has buff at certain times of the year. They are an iffy option at best. Unless you go to the remote aborigional lands, most buff are stock these days!
Your best bet is with an out fitter.

Bakes

Posts: 7996 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bakes, I talked to a few outfitters and the price is a bit steep when you add the trip down,charter flights,and such. I thought I had a really good deal when the chap priced me a hunt in Au. dollars, but the next spring before we were to go the price changed to US dollars. At the time it was double. I have 2 chaps in Victoria that are good friends and they are trying to get something going up North. I'm just keepuing my fingers crossed.

Hawkeye47

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Hawkeye47

Posts: 7996 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Opps!
I'll have a look through some mags and get you some web sights if you like, you might find a better deal with someone other that the guys you contacted. I thinks its a bit rude to charge in $US.

Bakes