Find
Notify
Tools

I Am Going Moose Hunting!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Looks like it was my year for the draw! New Brunswick says come on down for a moose this September.

Posts: 19559 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Way to go Ann!!

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good for you Anne. When you're done practising on those itty bitty eastern moose make sure you come out west for the big ones (kidding, just kidding). Congratulations. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Dan, I will do that some day! I have had an invite from a nice fellow in the Yukon to come see his local moose. I bet they are monsters! Might have to go there next year.

Anyway, I am excited, it will be a nice hunting year for me.

Posts: 19559 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I actually saw some some good sized New Brunswick moose around 1990 when they reopened the season after a long layoff. They actually seem to hunt on foot there as opposed to "Ontario style", ie road hunting or "Quebec style" by boat. Good luck and don't hurt your back on the beast.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan, I might have to disagree that N.B. moose are smaller than the Alberta moose on average. I grew up there and have seen more large moose there than out here in Alberta. Their draw system there is more restricted and a smaller proportion of moose are harvested. They tend to live longer before they are harvested and there are some very large bulls wandering around. Our herd here seems to be composed of an overall younger age structure.

Posts: 372 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
Ann,
I am envious. Make sure you get some good pictures and you post them here.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was kidding Oscar. I saw some VERY decent moose on the rock some years back. - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lucky girl!!!!!

I'll be finding out in a week or so if I get a Colorado Moose tag. I've been trying for about 10 years. Maybe some of your luck will rub off on me.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Congrats.
Right on.

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iron Buck
posted Hide Post
go get em Ann!!!!! We expect to see some nice pics of your bull when you get back

Posts: 813 | Location: Wexford PA, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote