THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Any Recommended Books on Hunting Public Land?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Recommended Books on Hunting Public Land?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted
Any really good do-it-yourself "how to" books on hunting public lands that you guys would recommend? Any videos, too, for that matter?

Thanks.

Russ

[ 11-30-2002, 03:54: Message edited by: Russell E. Taylor ]

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Russel,
Can't say I know of any books on the subject but the following website has come in handy at times:
http://www.publichuntingland.com/

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Nickudu, that site has given me more leads and more information.

Russ

<ovis>
posted
Russ,

I don't know if this suggestion will help, but you might try your local college or university map department. I have only used the ones up here in AK and they have maps of everything you can imagine or need to know about lands, public and otherwise................the maps are cheap and very informative. Anyway, just a thought.

Joe

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Ovis, that sounds like a fair suggestion. I'll sure check it out... thanks.

Russ

posted Hide Post
Russ,
I wouldn't pay all that much attention to this fellow "OVIS", were I you. You see, .. he really doesn't have much "hands-on" hunting experience in challenging areas. [Wink]

[Big Grin] -

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
<ovis>
posted
Nick,

[Smile] (Damn, hope I got the smiley creature right, I'm technologically challenged too.)

Joe

(Russ, the other guy's from New Yawk............!)

<Doc in Texas>
posted
Russ,if you gave me $10,000. I will teach you how to be a self-guide. You don't need any books or videos,just the will to learn and work have and pay lots of money.

Just kidding Russ,If you will e-mail me of board,I will let you know of a great place to hunt.

Doc