THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Maine fall bear hunt recommendations needed!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maine fall bear hunt recommendations needed!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted
Looking for a fall black bear hunt for this year in Maine, NH or VT..

Anyone have any FIRSTHAND and recent experience with an outfit they can recommend?

Thanks

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1979 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
Not real recent but we went 4 for 4 with alagashguideservice.com in 2005. 2 of the bears were uver 300 pounds. Nice camps, multiple baits and good food.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
They had a record year in Maine last fall for bears. New state record at 699 dressed and from the guides I've talked with multiples of bears > 500 lbs were tagged in different areas of the state.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've hunted bear in Maine many times you may use or ignore some 1st hand advice:
1: Do not expect to see Pa size bears in Maine
2: Do not go too far north, way too many guides using the same areas...yes the Allagash is huge but so are the numbers of part time outfitters whom hunt the area . concentrate in the central west part of the state around New Portsmouth.
3: I've used several outfitters but the only one I would send family with is Orin Young/ Bounty Hunter Guide Service he knows what he's doing and had snared well over 200 bears himself.

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
I would recommend #9 Lake Outfitters. I hunted moose with them year before last and will be hunting bear with them this year. I was very satisfied with their services -- professional, curteous, friendly, and knowledgeable.

http://9lakeoutfitters.com/

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote