New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado Bound
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just found out that I'm moving to Denver for a year. I was hoping I could get some information on some DIY or trespass fee hunts within half a day's drive of the city. I would love to get an elk while I'm in the state. I'm not looking for any secret spots, just more in the vein of what kind of public land tags would be reasonable to draw or would be OTC, and if anyone has any connections for trespass fee hunts. Thanks in advance, and happy hunting!

Andy

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
You'll love it here! PM sent

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OTC females are easy to get just about anywhere (deer, antelope, elk) You might even pull a cow moose (but not OTC)
The application process just opened and closes early April, so get it done now. Colorado has the most overly complicated for no reason hunting regs, but they do work, we've got it all if you want to hunt. There is a TON of public (well government) land in Colorado

You don't have to go far out of the Denver/front range area to get into good areas, but you do want to get away from people for the best stuff.

Brian H
Longmont CO

Posts: 79 | Location: Longmont, CO, USA | Registered: 01 December 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking that I may have to wait and see if anything is left over after the draw. I can't see buying non-res tags at those prices. If there are any leftovers when I get residency (probably halfway through the season), I'll pick some up. However, next year, it's on.

Andy