Find
Notify
Tools

Lest we forget
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Spring
posted
As you enjoy some special times in the woods this time of year, it never hurts to keep in mind that there are some guys stationed around the world that help make our freedom possible.
Here's a note I just received from a friend of mine, GySgt Calvin Foster, that was on a hunt I had with some Marines a few weeks ago. Next time you see one of our fine young men or women in uniform, let them know how much we appreciate all they are doing for us.

From Calvin:

I am sure that most of you understand the stress and heartache of being deployed this time of year, that is if you are not on the battlefield right now. Let's remember our brothers and sisters during this time, regardless of service, and especially those standing the watch. A call, email, or box of something goes a long way and helps carry you over.

Calvin
Worth Viewing and Remembering...Lest we forget
How Marines Say Goodbye

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Good Post! and very true indeed. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
with tears,,,semper fi

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good read. I'm on my 3rd tour in the box. I got to go huntin' on leave this year.

Posts: 101 | Location: Montana | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHELENIZER:
Good read. I'm on my 3rd tour in the box. I got to go huntin' on leave this year.

All the best to you while there. There's a big muley on a ridge waiting for you when you get home.

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote