Find
Notify
Tools

Mother Nature's beauty
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted
While it may not be big game, it is part of Mother Nature's beauty and bounty. I didn't have the energy to do a better portrait of these skunks in an old barn, but I at least had to get a basic snapshot -- and here it is.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9412 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Really neat picture Bobby. Too often we overlook the finer points of the world around us. Thanks for sharing. beer

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Cute little buggers!

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've always thought skunks are one of the most striking animals in appearance. The dramatic contrast between black and white can be spectacular. Had a friend long ago that had a pet skunk and it was one of the neatest critters I've ever been around.

Posts: 2940 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice. | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Hey Bobby you always have cool pictures, skunks are neat looking like Mac said that black and white contrast thing is striking.
I've shot quite a number of skunks but every time I try pose for the trophy picture I can't get over the smell. Seems to stay with you.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Had one of the spotted ones as a pet back in the late 50's, was a lot of fun,loved carrots

Nice pics

Stay Alert,Stay Alive
Niet geschoten is altijd mis

Hate of America is the defeat position of failed individuals and the failing state

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Bobby,

If you can take the time drop me a line,tell me how you are doing. I havn't seen a post in a while and was wondering about you last week.

Ted

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote