THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: My letter to BARNES...regarding Arizona/USO

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: My letter to BARNES...regarding Arizona/USO
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

Paul and Tony,

Some of the best Muley hunting in Ut. is right on your border. I wish I could offer a better soloution for you though. I didnt even tune in yesterday, too depressing. Whatever comes about in the future, I sincerly hope you dont just give up and sell your guns and that you find a reasonable soloution.

Yup. I know about that. However, the last time I tried to call UT Game & Fish to get a copy of the regs, I was put on hold for over two hours and then hung up on. That left a damn bad taste in my mouth. I sure wouldn't mind getting a tag up around Logan as I have a daughter living there and could kill two birds with one trip.

Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Paul,

Info for UTAH below. -TONY

UTAH BIG GAME HUNTING

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Paul, Yup, that's certainly an option, or maybe M16 is going to invite down to TX so I can cull a 12-point buck off his ranch. Fat chance.

Oh Tony, you never know. I just got back from South Texas. Deer movement was slow due to the heat but I did get a picture of this management type 10 pointer.

I just closed on this place about three weeks ago so I don't know how many deer will get taken off this year. Here is a picture of my best 12 pointer to date.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a dandy on your wall. Super spread. Glad to see you didn't have him eating corn either.

Here's an old photo of my best TX buck -- 15 points total, counting that nubber off the right rear point. It's longer than it appears in the photo because it angles backwards. It's the one I shot on the hilltop. -TONY

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Tony,

Nearly the entire state is draw only now for residents and non res alike. That is for Deer anyway.

Paul,

The one exception to the above (in recent years that is, cant say about this one yet) is the northern part of the state. They are always the last ones to go and an over the counter tag for the Logan area may well be very doable. Even for non res. My cousins hunt that area and seem to like it.

Sorry to hear about your experience on the phone, that place sometimes is difficult to get a few words in even when your standing right there, but not always. When it gets that way its best to just try back later. If you'd like I'd be happy to snail mail a proclimation to you. Let me know.

bycher@juno.com.

Byren

Posts: 10166 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Nearly the entire state is draw only now for residents and non res alike. That is for Deer anyway.

That's what I thought. Thus, it pretty much eliminates Utah as a place to hunt this fall. -TONY

one of us
posted Hide Post
Not to worry. There are plenty of tags available through CWMU's that can be purchased. No draw necessary.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

There are plenty of tags available through CWMU's that can be purchased.

Right. And purchased for how much?? -TONY