New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rivers West Rain Gear???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone used the Rivers West Clothing? I'm going to Alaska for a backpack sheep hunt and need some advice on GOOD raingear. I've read some good stuff about Rivers West. Does anyone have any Real world experience they can share? Thanks for the help.

Posts: 66 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doc,
It's good stuff. I bought the Ranger parka and pants for an Alaskan trip two springs ago. Comfortable, well-fitting, and kept me dry from rain, etc.

One caveat: just like GoreTex, if you put your body weight on a wet area (like sitting down in a puddle of water) it'll soak through eventually.

It's really some trick stuff. The pants I have use a separate neoprene cuff inside the leg that's handy for snugging around your leg before putting on your boots, waders, etc. Handy. I really like their stuff.

Posts: 470 | Location: Mountains of Southern New Mexico | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Doc,

I used their pants on an Alaska trip a couple years ago and they were great! I wore them for about a week and was very warm. That material they have developed is better than anything else I have seen or used. It is a bit pricey but it works very well.

Posts: 16 | Location: California | Registered: 30 June 2004Reply With Quote