THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    In Tx for Opening Weekend-Neighbor Made Me Think

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In Tx for Opening Weekend-Neighbor Made Me Think
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My two boys and I have 60 acres in East Tx which we hunt on every year. We see enough deer and squirrels to make it very enjoyable, every time we go. We camp on the place orsleep in our vehicles, every evening make a camp fire and cook on the open fire with a little help from the Coleman units.

This time, one of the neighbor place hunters came by to show us a spike he just took. His stopping by was unusual. Only the second time someone from the neighboring farm stopped to say Hi in 15 years.
He said their place was only 650 acres and to him it seemed barely enough for their three hunters.

Then I told him that our place was just 60 acres and there were three of us also.

His perception made me think of how grateful I am that we have a place to call our own.
It's not the size that makes for a great experience, it's the people you are with!!!

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Nisbet:
His perception made me think of how grateful I am that we have a place to call our own.
It's not the size that makes for a great experience, it's the people you are with!!!

Nice thought and so right you are, Bob. Good luck with your hunting and enjoy being with the boys!

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote