New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moose?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just had a Bull Moose run across my property. I have never seen one this low around here before. That's just cooler than anything I've seen in a long time. I only live barely outside the city limits, and only 1/2 mile north of the main road going through town.
Seen plenty of elk, deer, bear and the occasional Mountain Lion but never a Moose.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Young bull?
We just had to remove one from town last week.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it must have been.
The Moose are starting to come back in CO just a little, and I've seen them up in the high country but never this close to town.
Definitely an oddity here.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I believe DOW stocked some up on Grand Mesa a few years back. They should be doing okay if the poachers leave them alone.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know if they were stocked Moose or not but I seen some up near the Grand Mesa about a month back.
I was working a drainage over on some private property when I seen them.

Posts: 4988 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Moose are one of the strangest of beasts.
Saw one running down the middle of I-80
a couple miles from Little America and another at 10,000 feet in a shale slide.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenr:
Moose are one of the strangest of beasts.
Saw one running down the middle of I-80
a couple miles from Little America and another at 10,000 feet in a shale slide.

One came into Cheyenne last fall, there are some great pictures of him in front of the capitol. http://trib.com/gallery/lifest...6-b153af317718.html#

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't know if they were stocked Moose or not but I seen some up near the Grand Mesa about a month back.

Possibly offspring from the original stockings.

I can't remember when they started the stockings, but the outfitter I hunt Elk with lives in Collbran and every time I ask him about them he says they seem to be doing pretty good in the area.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had one on my property about 5 years ago.It came from the UP.About 10 years ago a woman archer shot one by accident.It was a young bull that had a rack similar to a whitetails from looking down from a tree.She turned it in to The DNR and they confiscated it and gave her a big fine and loss of hunting privileges for 10 years.So much for being honest.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote