New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coyote attack TX.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just friendly furry forest critters doing what friendly furry forest critters do.

Coyote Bites Teen in Grapevine Movie Theater Parking Lot
NBC DFW ^ | 7/14 | Julie Fine

Coyote sightings in North Texas are not all that unusual, but attacks are rare.

Zane Weddell, 15, said he was walking out of a move at the Cinemark Tinsletown Sunday night in Grapevine when he was bitten by a coyote.

"I was like shocked there was a coyote," he said.

Zane said he and his girlfriend walked around the back of the theater, and the coyote came around the bushes.

“It came at me, came at us, so I grabbed my shoe and I threw it at it, hit it, and it came back, came at me, so I like kicked it with my foot. And it got hold of my foot and shook me around a little bit, and it like let go and took off,” he explained.

His mother was waiting for him at the front of the theater, so he ran to her car, where she saw blood on his foot. They then went to the emergency room, where Zane had five shots.

He is now being treated with multiple rounds of antibiotics.

“It was really scary. He was OK physically. I was really more afraid of infection or if the coyote was rabid, because of the way he was acting. I’m still kind of scared because he still has three more rounds of shots to go,” said mother Kendra Weddell.

Grapevine police confirm that animal control was notified. Their crews have been looking, but so far, have not seen the coyote. Police also say have only had one call about a coyote.

We have called a representative from Cinemark, and they have returned our calls, but we have not connected

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just a kid so he wouldn't qualify but, the case calls for a CCW permit!!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5962 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Former Governor Perry would agree

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I don't live too far from Grapevine and the coyotes in my area seem pretty bold. Seen them chilling in the park and people'a yards. Was wondering how long before a kid got bit.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote