New
Find
Notify
Tools

BAD SHOT
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just watched Melissa Bachman from a Winchester show on the Sportsman Channel arrow a buck in the upper leg just below the chest area! MY! MY! MY! Her arrows must have a lot more KILLING POWER than mine ever did!

Hip

Posts: 1866 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It could be that the broadhead severed the main artery that runs down the leg and that would be deadly.

Posts: 190 | Location: rockdale, texas | Registered: 01 October 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Hipshoot,
A rancher in the Texas hill country told me that he once let archery hunters on his property, but after finding many dead deer , (many with arrows still in them) he cut them off and went with rifles only.
Do not blame him a bit.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is just that the show would show such a poor hit on the air and then be proud of it !!!

Hip

Posts: 1866 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Is the buck they show her with later the same one she shot?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4250 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would say 90 plus of these whitetail hunts take place on game farms.

Of course they find the wounded deer.

I love love it when they say we left the deer over night.

That means a bad hit.

Leaving a deer over night almost always means the meat is not salvageable.

In warm weather I seen meat sour in a few hours.

Posts: 19503 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
from the title of the post i thought it was about biebs Cool

Posts: 13451 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, you see a lot of that "leave the deer overnight" stuff on the bow hunting episodes. I don't why but bow hunting can be very addictive to the point that some people just never use the gun again. One thing I do know about bow hunting is that your broadheads must always be kept razor sharp or you will have problems, they must cut arteries and veins very smoothly to keep the clotting reaction from taking effect.

Posts: 190 | Location: rockdale, texas | Registered: 01 October 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
from the title of the post i thought it was about biebs Cool

Big Grin Roll Eyes dancing animal

Hip

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Totally unrealistic as to what real-life archery hunting is like most of these shows. One of the best ones IMO is Live 2 Hunt with Cody something....guy does it right.

I can't stand the box blind bullshit.....but to each his own and I very well may end up in one when I get too old to do it the hard way.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 253 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use to really enjoy my Bow hunting days. But alas too old now and the bow ruined both of my shoulders.

Hip

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A person on our lease just lost a large 10 pointer 145 inches shot with a bow at 12 yards. I do not like bows personally.

Posts: 11688 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A good blood trailing dog really cuts down on the loses.

My dogs and I have helped recover a lot of deer.

I had to put my last one down a couple of years ago.

I found hunting dogs were easy to train for blood trailing.

Posts: 19503 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive seen more than one show where they took the shot at daybreak, and were takeing picture under light or car lights..

Ive also seen the saturday morning show stoppers shoot Bison and elk over the truck hood, the go back and film (stage) the stalk, happens a lot..Its a joke these days..not all Im sure but pretty close to most..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42062 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A dog is the best tracker there is, no doubt about that...A good dog is fail proof..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 42062 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crshelton:
Hipshoot,
A rancher in the Texas hill country told me that he once let archery hunters on his property, but after finding many dead deer , (many with arrows still in them) he cut them off and went with rifles only.
Do not blame him a bit.

I do not allow archery hunters on my ranch. They all want a discount and complain when they are unsuccessful.

No thanks.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Ive seen more than one show where they took the shot at daybreak, and were takeing picture under light or car lights..

Ive also seen the saturday morning show stoppers shoot Bison and elk over the truck hood, the go back and film (stage) the stalk, happens a lot..Its a joke these days..not all Im sure but pretty close to most..

There is too much loud whispering in those TV show blinds and stands to be believable.

one of us
posted Hide Post
They still whisper after the kill!! DEAD DEER DON'T RUN OFF!! NO ACADAMY AWARDS FOR HUNTING SHOWS..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't stomach any of them.

It's not REAL hunting and usually staged as hell. I want to watch them but I cannot because of the fakery. They are not celebrities to me but rather a bunch of dudes trying to make money off wildlife.

You guys can have them all! I'll go hunting or shooting instead. There are some great hunting books out there! THAT I can go for.

Zeke