THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    I bought a gun stock for a friend on ebay today.....

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I bought a gun stock for a friend on ebay today.....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jb
posted
When I got to the pay now section,it asked if I wanted to contribute a dollar to the "save the animals" fund. Confused

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You didn't did you??? Big Grin
Please say you didn't...LMAO

one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
no,I didnt .I dont think the seller even knows about it.I will bring it up to him and find out.
Ebay is now trying to force you to use paypal,so this donate a dollar ,this may be another of their agendas coming to light.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GA DEER HUNTER
posted Hide Post
I bid on a Bullet Display Board by Hornady. The ones where only the bullets are glued to an oak board. Ebay pulled the auction because the are so liberal. Their rules are very dicriminating to hunters and gun owners.

Posts: 392 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used PayPal a lot. The last time I used it was about 2 weeks ago and I never got hit for donating anything. I wonder if that is something new or if it is only keyed towards certain vendors. If they hit me for it the next time I try to use them, it will be the last time they get business from me.

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wonder if they wouldn't care to take a dollar off, for a KILL THE ANIMALS FUND???
just wondering rotflmo

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Knowing that bth E-Bay and pay-pal are anti-gun and hunting I am suprised anyone would use them.
Michael J

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by michaelj:
Knowing that bth E-Bay and pay-pal are anti-gun and hunting I am suprised anyone would use them.
Michael J

I know EBAY cut a lot of the gun stuff they used to list, but I'm not sure I buy the anti-hunting stance. They sure list an awful lot of hunts and leases as well as a big selection of taxidermy. They still list a lot of shooting stuff as well.

Never really looked into PayPal's stance on it, but they sure processed a lot of my transactions on hunting, shooting and taxidermy items.

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is one link I have
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=3186
This one reads like a who's who of anti gunners
http://www.ebaymainstreet.com/.../PACDisclosure08.pdf
Michael J

Michael J

Posts: 485 | Location: Lakewood Colorado | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by michaelj:
Here is one link I have
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=3186
This one reads like a who's who of anti gunners
http://www.ebaymainstreet.com/.../PACDisclosure08.pdf
Michael J

You reference an NRA article dated 03 Aug 2007 which states "This week, a spokesman for eBay announced that the company would ban the sale of all gun-and-ammunition-related parts and components".

Note that there is no specific name attached to the quote, it is an anomynous "spokesman". I just looked on EBAY and at this time, which happens to be 11:38 A.M. Central Standard Time, 25 Mar 2009, EBAY has 97,338 items listed under its hunting category. This category includes:

Hunting:

Bags & Packs (1,877)
Books & Video (1,402)
Bowhunting (393)
Clothing, Shoes & Accessories (6,720)
Decoys (1,440)
Game Calls (2,582)
Gun Safety & Storage (1,821)
Gun Parts (6,935)
Gun Accessories (8,876)
Holsters & Pouches (10,358)
Hunting Trips & Leases (476)
Knives (8,152)
Reloading Equipment (4,414)
Scopes, Optics & Lasers (18,615)
Skeet & Trap Shooting (562)
Taxidermy (3,984)
Accessories (6,474)
Vintage (6,793)
Other (4,580)

So, I'd say the NRA was basically full of shit on this. As to the other article, I have neither the time nor inclination to check every name against their stance because that isn't the topic of this post. Bottom line, EBAY sure lists a lot of hunting and gun items to this day. And PayPal arranges an awful lot of the payments. While I have no doubt that they have their fair share of anti-gun and anti-hunting employees, their current business prcatice does not bear out that being the corporate policy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
"This week, a spokesman for eBay announced that the company would ban the sale of all gun-and-ammunition-related parts and components".

As I recall, eBay pulled gun and ammunition related components from their listings as a response to the Virginia Tech shootings. The shooter apparently purchased some of his supplies through eBay and that was publicized nationwide.

Thanks, Dad, for taking me into the Great Outdoors.

Posts: 226 | Location: Western Maryland | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagris:
"This week, a spokesman for eBay announced that the company would ban the sale of all gun-and-ammunition-related parts and components".

As I recall, eBay pulled gun and ammunition related components from their listings as a response to the Virginia Tech shootings. The shooter apparently purchased some of his supplies through eBay and that was publicized nationwide.

Granted, they pulled some gun related items, but as is obvious to the most casual of observers, they still list a lot of those items. Someone, who was not identified, made a statement almost 2 years ago, that does not appear to have been binding on the corporate policy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mac,
You are right and I have no desire to argue with you. They do sell an awfull lot of hunts and accessories. I believe their corporate policy to be against the freedoms I and many others hold dear I was giving my opinion on what I believe. I see you are a fan of Thomas Jefferson and I do like he quote you choose and it is with this in mind that I made my opinion known. For I believe it is our duty to know that when we suport an organization that is at odds with our rights that we are helping them.
Yes they sell an awfull lot of stuf we like. They do it for the money not becase they share our beliefs and passions. How much of the money that we give them through support are they using against us. And just tp point out a few people they supported Nancy Peloisi and Dick Durban among many other people who are trying to take our freedoms away.
This wold be a good topic over a cold one and I invite you if you are ever in he Atlanta area let me know.
I did not mean to hijack this thread and I apologize for that.

Michael J

Michael J

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ebay also has a long history of banning any taxidermy they feel like. Specifically bears for one if I remember right. The folks at taxidermy.net are always talking about items ebay refuses to list. Make no mistake these guys are definitely anti gun and anti hunting.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
michaelj,

I also have no desire to argue with you.

The only point I was trying to make is that the organization, while it may have anti attitudes at times, does not seem to allow those attitudes to totally control their business practices. Therefore, they can not be considered rabidly anti because they still want to turn a buck on hunters instead of completely isolating us.

While I'm certain they have a lot of antis that work for them, it appears as though hunters still have some value to them, even if it is strictly economical. At best, that makes them extremely hypocritical.

Peace.

Mac

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Smith:
Ebay also has a long history of banning any taxidermy they feel like. Specifically bears for one if I remember right. The folks at taxidermy.net are always talking about items ebay refuses to list. Make no mistake these guys are definitely anti gun and anti hunting.

The sale of any part of a bear is illegal in California, where part of their corporate HQ is located. They decided the few dollars they'd make weren't worth the risk of being prosecuted.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10302 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That actually makes sense to me although I dont necesarrily agree with their opinion. It still dosnt excuse the anti gun policies.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote