THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Washington State special hunt application problems

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Washington State special hunt application problems
 Login/Join

posted
Has anybody in Washington State, had any problems with this years special hunt application process?

They screwed up my application for all five species (Deer, Elk, Moose, Sheep, and Goat). In return for screwing up they gave me two extra draw points for Moose, Sheep, and Goat. Which I felt was fair compensation for missing out on the drawing, but for Deer and Elk they wouldn't give me anything but my money back for my license and tags.

Missing out on a years worth of points and a chance to draw a tag is a big setback considering the number of draw points some of us have, and the method they use to draw tags. This method is based on squaring the number of accumulated points to get the number of times a person is entered into the drawing.

Anyways, if anybody has had any similar problems this year with Washington State's Dept of Fish and Wildlife please let me know.

Thanks,

Jon Beagle

Posts: 13 | Location: Ridgefield, WA | Registered: 28 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Seems if they screwed up they should at least give you points for all the species you put in for.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree. If they screwed up all your entries, they should award you points for all species you entered the drawing for.

I personally haven't dealt with the special draw system. I've only been in Wa. for 2 years, and I only have 1 to go.

IMHO, they owe you points for deer and elk.

mike

Posts: 180 | Location: Bremerton, Wa | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
i know my dad had problems. he got two of his friends entered alright, but somehow his never made it. i screwed up the first time and got the lottery tickets for deer and elk instead of special hunt apps, but figured it out and got in on time. still not sure what the other thing i entered was.

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No problems here.....other than not getting drawn!! Frowner

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i was lucky and got a blue mtns. late buck whitetail tag. took 7 preference points.

Posts: 97 | Location: maple valley, wash. | Registered: 19 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steve_robinson
posted Hide Post
I don't understand why they wouldn't give you the points for deer and elk also. Maybe they screwed up on that also. Something smells in Olympia!

Steve(NOT Shakari)Robinson
NRA Life Member
SCI Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 226 | Location: Arlington, WA | Registered: 26 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I heard they had a couple of computers crash the evening of the last day to submit applications, when everybody was trying to get it done at the last minute. They then called many of the people trying to get the mess straightened out. They must have thought they had everything entered when they went ahead with the drawing, but obviously, they did not. I also heard that they were giving two extra points to those who got left out of the drawing, which seems fair enough. I'm really surprised that they won't give you points for deer and elk. You really ought to call and talk to somebody in Olympia about it, if you haven't already.

Posts: 199 | Location: Rochester, Washington | Registered: 02 February 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I just got off the phone with the Assistant to the Licensing Manager. She took my information along with the confirmation number that I was given; to source the problem, and talk to the same people I talked to. Fortunately, when I called the Dept of F&W to try to resolve the problems before the deadline, I took names and their positions, and briefly noted what the conversation consisted of. This is the only thing that may save me.

The problem started when I was issued a license and no tags, however the person on the phone said I had tags and assured me that everything was taken care of and I have nothing to worry about. In Washington, a person must purchase tags before applying for deer and elk special permits. This is the reason I did not receive my two points for the deer and elk.

At this point there is still hope in resolving the problem. My feeling on this issue is this: When a representative of an establishment give the customer the assurance that everything is taken care of and a confirmation number as a receipt that everything was taken care of, and then for some reason if it isn't taken care of, that customer should be entitled to a fair settlement. Which in this case I believe is my two points and they can keep my money if they want.

Washington State's Department of Fish and Wildlife has a history of being disorganized and plagued with problems like this. I urge anybody who had problems that where not resolved to call and ask for them to be made right.

buffalobreath, congrats on your draw. I now have about 13 points for all species except deer, in which I drew a Grayback late season tag two years ago. I was hoping to draw a decent Elk tag this year, but I guess it will have to wait till next.

Thanks,
Jon

Posts: 13 | Location: Ridgefield, WA | Registered: 28 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok, that makes more sense now, why you didn't get the deer and elk points, but of course, it still isn't right. I hope you get it worked out.

Posts: 199 | Location: Rochester, Washington | Registered: 02 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tim_Ryan
posted Hide Post
I too have had problems. I applied as the second person of a group. My partner got drawn for Cowiche any bull tag but they couldn't seem to find out why my application doesnt even show up in the system. Turns out it was a keystroke error on the part of the person entering my info into the drawing. So far have not heard how they will resolve my problem but I have gotten a lot of run around. I can see where a refund and extra points is fair for an individual or member of a group that did not get drawn but in a case like mine the outcome is know.

Tim

"I want to see you shoot the way you shout"

TR (the original)

Posts: 103 | Location: WA | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With Quote